• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 40 amp max pole? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

20190903_170109.jpg

I am looking to add a 240v 50 amp circuit breaker to this panel for a welder. But (in the top left of the pic) is says that it is 40 amp max pole. Am correct to think this means i can only add a 40amp 240 volt circuit breaker?

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Megawatt

-
Arms
Advent Win
View attachment 51880

I am looking to add a 240v 50 amp circuit breaker to this panel for a welder. But (in the top left of the pic) is says that it is 40 amp max pole. Am correct to think this means i can only add a 40amp 240 volt circuit breaker?
That 40 means you have 40 spaces to use does it have a spare space for a double pole 40 amp breaker. The panel is a 200 amp panel
Post automatically merged:

That 40 means you have 40 spaces to use does it have a spare space for a double pole 40 amp breaker. The panel is a 200 amp panel
I misread you can put a 50 amp breaker with #8 wire which is good for 55 amps

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have plenty of spots left. I think 13 total. My only concern is that it is a stab lok panel.
15675569807167248801639345031096.jpg

If 8 AWG NM cable, a 40A breaker is max, Home Depot & Lowes do carry the UBI UL classified breakers for FPE, be aware those ChiCom breakers are not cheap. Because of the issues with FPE Stablok panels and being obsolete I recommend replacement.

Reply to 40 amp max pole? in the American Professional Electrical Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom