Discuss £40 hamper to the first person who finds me this ladder! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find a twin fibreglass step ladder in the UK!

I'm genuinely thinking of just sticking a few wooden steps on to the other side of my existing ladder!

Not quite what I'm looking for @Doomed . The little platform at the top needs to be one that is for hammers, screwdrivers etc. Also, the one in your link will be too long for the van.
See my first post as to the type i am looking for, i.e both sides the same. Oh yes, and it's over £200! :D

I'm a man of my word and I genuinely will send a hamper to whomever finds one meeting the criteria in the OP.
[automerge]1601207159[/automerge]

Now that one is close to what I'm looking for. Just doesn't have the nice tray on top with little holes for screwdrivers, hammer etc. Also, as you say, in Ireland.
soon make a tray to clip on. bit of 2mm ally wth the appropriate holes drilled.

Why do you want it just out of interest?
Good question Chris, I should have explained a little.

Every now and then I have a think about what problems I have encountered on a job and if they are recurring problems. If so, I have a think if I can make this problem go away or at least make it a little easier.

Sometimes I'm in a small area with my ladder and it is a bit of a pain to fold it up, manoeuvre it around, reopen, climb back up the right side..... and then discover 5 minutes later I need to do the same again.

All these little things add up, so I try and fix them as i go along, making life that little bit easier. Less likely to make mistakes and also perhaps leave 5 minutes earlier supping a pint just that little bit sooner :) .

Does a standard hop up not work in most situations? I find I only use my ladders probably 20% of the time now.
Yes, the little hop up is great and I probably use it more than the ladder, say 60% of the time, but the 40% when I use the ladder could be better with some lovely twin steps. Not essential by any means, perhaps more of a treat but one I have decided (in my mildly autistic way) that I NEED!

https://www.screwflix..com/p/dewalt-fibreglass-6-treads-swingback-stepladder-1-83m/1272j

Clocked it.
[automerge]1601233500[/automerge]
https://www.screwflix..com/p/dewalt-fibreglass-6-treads-swingback-stepladder-1-83m/1272j

Clocked it.
Crap it's not the double sided one I think - same model number though?

Clocked it.
[automerge]1601233500[/automerge]

Crap it's not the double sided one I think - same model number though?
and it's out of stock.

6 tread with moulded tool tray

Also not in stock
[automerge]1601293817[/automerge]
DeWalt Fibreglass 6-Treads Swingback Stepladder 1.83m - https://nextprice.co.uk/storage-ladders/ladders/fibreglass-ladders/fibreglass-step-ladders/dewalt-fibreglass-6-treads-swingback-stepladder-183m

In stock (according to the website) in budget. EDIT but still not sure it's double sided. I give up now

Last edited:
I have been looking for such a ladder too, and I ended up buying one of those ladders I found in this article. Maybe you should have a look there too, I am sure that you will like something really good for you, good luck!

Reply to £40 hamper to the first person who finds me this ladder! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock