Discuss 415v electricity box outside of my flat in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That is a riser cupboard which contains electrical distribution equipment so the answer is highly unlikely. Are you experiencing frequent headaches.

My wife is a firm believer that electricity and associated cables can cause headaches and other illnesses.
also, wifi and other things similar.

in my opinion, headaches are caused by lack of water and/or too much beer.
from the picture you have sent I can see no danger unless you stick something in where you shouldn't.
this again, has something in common with my wife!!!

on a more serious note, I can see no danger from the picture you have sent, the jury is still out on any health problems associated with being near EMF (ELECTRIC and MAGNETIC FORCES) of the magnitude near that type of installation.

P.s. this is not meant to cause offence, rather put your concerns to rest in a slightly humorous manor.

Do you have LED lighting as some people complain of headaches from them but are fine with CFL or incandescent.

it's usually wives that complain of headaches, generally at bedtime. :(.maybe i should use that as an excuse so mine will let me sleep.:):):).

The jury most definitely not still out there no health problem associated with EMF from power networks. Otherwise us at subs would be absolutely buggered.
Well did you know that electricians have a higher suicide rate on average than other trades.

They reckon long-term exposure to electromagnetic fields can alter the brain waves over time.

However this would come from heavy industrial machinery such as motors etc

The OP has nothing to worry about. Maybe they should ask elsewhere because most electricians are sceptical of this and will find little solace here.

Well did you know that electricians have a higher suicide rate on average than other trades.

They reckon long-term exposure to electromagnetic fields can alter the brain waves over time.

However this would come from heavy industrial machinery such as motors etc

The OP has nothing to worry about. Maybe they should ask elsewhere because most electricians are sceptical of this and will find little solace here.

The only person I know who has committed suicide was an electrician that spent a lot of time working in sub stations.

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies. @westward10 it seems I feel some headache when I'm closest to electricity.

@James the Spark1976 no offence, don't worry :) thanks for your point of view.

There is a phenomenon where some people are more susceptible to electricity than others. It has not been proven as to what the cause is as yet.

When you say the jury is out have you boys seen this? A guide to the Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016 - http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/hsg281.htm
HSE seem to be taking it seriously.

As of yet, there are still no scientific papers on the subject that show any meaningful correlation between EMF and human health. Not at least at normal domestic/industrial applications.

Wouldn't recommend standing too close to radar installations an pieces of kit like that.

Doesn't mean it doesn't have an effect, just not enough data to prove one way or another.

Like most things in life too much of something tends to be no good for you. ( though I'm sure Tel might argue against that regarding alcohol and a few other things :p)

As yet there is no conclusive evidence that human health can be seriously adversely affected by exposure to the low energy levels of EMF we are subjected to on a daily basis.
So unless you are subjected to high energy levels on a daily basis the chances are it won't have any noticeable effect.
As Rob mentioned, high energy RF such as X-rays, Gamma rays etc.. can be extremely dangerous.

mmmmmmm' That door does look very sturdy and i suspect that if stood too close when opened at speed (probably by the wife that has a headache) then yes this electric cupboard could be advese to your health in the cranial region. otherwise no!

Reply to 415v electricity box outside of my flat in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock