• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

4kw & FIT rates

Discuss 4kw & FIT rates in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarRoofSols

Regular EF Member
If an installation is 4kw on the dot, will it get a 21p FIT rate or does it do down to 16.8p? We are having a discussion about it in the office and have a difference of opinion - can any one settle it please?

babba

Regular EF Member
Most DNO limit to 3.68kw... 4kw is a thing of the past...If your DNO excepts 4kw then its 21p...

E

Earthstore

o- including 4KWp = 21p, over 4kwp (ie4.0001kw) = 16.8p.
So does the winner or loser make the tea??

BruceB

Electrician's Arms
The answer is to have a look at the legislation. Sorry, do not have a link to hand, but the answer you will find is that the levels are defined as less than or equal to 4kW/10kW etc.

Last edited:
E

Earthstore

Most DNO limit to 3.68kw... 4kw is a thing of the past...If your DNO excepts 4kw then its 21p...
Sorry babba, but the DNO has nothing to do with the FIT, the 3.68kw as you mention is regarding G83 ( install then inform) over 3.68 is (normally) G59 apply for DNO approval, then install.

SolarRoofSols

Regular EF Member
Thanks but i didn't realise the DNO had anything to do with the FIT? If it were a 4Kw installation with a 4000TL under a G59 which had been pre agreed with the DNO or the same installation under a G83 if the DNO accepts it then it should be the same FIT shouldn't it?

G

GaryM

My recently registered 4kW system will earn 43.3p/kWh should the government lose their appeal at the Supreme Court or 21p/kWh if they win their appeal.

SolarRoofSols

Regular EF Member
Sorry babba, but the DNO has nothing to do with the FIT, the 3.68kw as you mention is regarding G83 ( install then inform) over 3.68 is (normally) G59 apply for DNO approval, then install.
Thanks Earthstore, we replied at the same time. Do you know whether the different energy companies treat 4kW differently or would they all accept the installation as a 21p FIT?

BruceB

Electrician's Arms
Thanks Earthstore, we replied at the same time. Do you know whether the different energy companies treat 4kW differently or would they all accept the installation as a 21p FIT?
They have no choice on the treatment of the levels and rates as they are defined in legislation

babba

Regular EF Member
Ye but cant bothered with that my DNO take 4kw under G83 and I believe it can take up to six weeks under G59 hence my 3.68kw.

Who has six weeks to wait I want them installed fast....

G

GaryM

Ye but cant bothered with that my DNO take 4kw under G83 and I believe it can take up to six weeks under G59 hence my 3.68kw.

Who has six weeks to wait I want them installed fast....
My system is 4kWp (16 x 250kWp) yet still goes through under G83 due to the G83 compliant inverter as do many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]