Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss 4mm t&e radial circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Lads

Do any of you guys run radial socket circuits ( with multiple points ) in 4mm ? Do you find 2 x 4mm in the back of a socket a squeeze?
Only asking as I've just been passed 2 x 100m drums of 4mm off the lad doing the solar on a job I'm on for doing him a favour.... so 4mm radial... pain in the ass or not so bad ?

Cheers

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
T

The Ghost

I do these a lot commercially in white pvc singles. Bit tight in the terminals but doable if cables are dressed/prepped ok. Radials seem to be coming into their own a little bit more now.

dinger809

-
Arms
I do these a lot, as I mainly do commercial. Some cheaper brands are a squeeze. MK, Schneider etc are absolute fine. Can even get two 6mm into an MK if prepped right

happyhippydad

-
Arms
Esteemed
Would be interesting to know if you can get 2 x 4mm AND 1 x 2.5mm? You just know you're going to need to spur at some point!

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi Lads

Do any of you guys run radial socket circuits ( with multiple points ) in 4mm ? Do you find 2 x 4mm in the back of a socket a squeeze?
Only asking as I've just been passed 2 x 100m drums of 4mm off the lad doing the solar on a job I'm on for doing him a favour.... so 4mm radial... pain in the ass or not so bad ?

Cheers
I would install Radials with 4mm2 or 2.5mm2 with 32A or 20A Depending on the situation, or what Appendix 15 BS7671 stated, nothing new with 4mm2 32 A radials, it's all within the Regulations.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks.... it wasn't really a question of can it be done and how... as it's rather basic even for me, it was more of - is it a pain due to size of cable's.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Thanks.... it wasn't really a question of can it be done and how... as it's rather basic even for me, it was more of - is it a pain due to size of cable's.
Not really use a deeper back box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
More concerned with 2 x 4mm in a socket.
But as I've had a few good answers, I think there isn't more too add.

Starjack

-
Arms
Would be interesting to know if you can get 2 x 4mm AND 1 x 2.5mm? You just know you're going to need to spur at some point!
Would it really be a spur though if it was a radial or would it just be another socket

T

Toneyz

Hi Lads

Cheers
No, we use 35mm boxes as standard on all jobs and MK sockets and have no problem. All sockets should take 2 x 4mm cables no problem by design.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to 4mm t&e radial circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom