Discuss 4x4kw multi installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sedgy34

I've got an enquiry its for 4x4kw seperate systems on one building as there is 14 flats all with there own mpan numbers problem is DNO won't look at my enquiry form cause they have 12 other jobs to look at before mine, they said yours is the only one for generation but we can't pull yours out from the bottom of the pile. The same guy knows about the property as he sorted out all the seperate supplies for the flats and mpan numbers, I've mentioned the tariff being cut and I could lose this project if my client can't get the 21p tariff. He's not interested about that he said by all means call me to see how we are getting on getting through the jobs to find out when we get to yours, it's looking very tight for the end of the month though. So I'm thinking 4x3kw systems so I comply to G83 and add additional panels when the DNO say yes but installing an additional kw each would that get the 21p or fit 4x4kw and hope the DNO say it's ok (tin hat on)
Any of you guys had same problem back in February, any other suggestions are welcome

I would go for 4 x 3.68kw systems with a view to sending in 4No G83 notifications. If while you are installing the DNO give you permission for 4kw, just add the extra panels

I think you would still need permission because it's multiple installs in the same area.

Whats the main supply coming in to the block?
If it's one 3 phase then you would be limited to 3x3.68kW but wouldn't need prior.

if they are in the same location my understanding is yes, but you would be wise to check incoming voltage anywayas you may tip it over the transformer limits with that lot

I think you would still need permission because it's multiple installs in the same area.

Whats the main supply coming in to the block?
If it's one 3 phase then you would be limited to 3x3.68kW but wouldn't need prior.

Permission is granted for 12 kw to G83 but more than that is G59 hence the problem

Incoming main is 3phase

That will be because G83 is relevant to the supply characteristics, not the MPAN. The block is presumably fed by a single 3 phase supply which then splits to the relevant flats, so, as per my previous, the most you would be allowed under G83 would be 16amps per phase, approx 12kW in total, which would at least enable you to get 3 flats done before the cut off time.

Just an update
we did 3 out of the 4 installs the DNO wouldn't look at our issue as they had others to do before us mind you we were the only ones with a generation application so now we miss the deadline the DNO don't show favouritism to clients they say

no not working days just spoke to them 30th august is his limit sent it beginning of july

- - - Updated - - -

How can 65 days work within the tariff time scale

I dont know, need advice from someone about this, sent of 3 at same time the other two have been passed and finished.
I have another to send to the same guy and the will take into Nov

Reply to 4x4kw multi installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock