Discuss 5 core flex to combi in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Bellendian

-
Arms
Reaction score
Need to wire a supply to combi with LNE connections, and 2 volt free cores for room stat.
I don't really see why I can't use 5 core flex for this, as all cores insulated to 500v, but plumber insisting they need to be in separate flexes...any thoughts?

Cheers

Interesting....I haven't seen it yet....but that is the spec I was told...Will get details tomorrow on model and mi and get to the bottom of it. I suspect plumber has got wrong end of stick, all I know so far is that it is an older model that is being relocated.

Out of interest what Worcester? I haven’t touched one for a little while now, but I’ve never come across a Worcester with a volt free connection.

I’m doing 2/3 Worcester’s a week at the moment and none of the current models need a volt free roomstat, they are all 240V for standard controls.

I wonder if the water clown is getting this confused with using the Ls terminal to supply external controls.

Ha! Bonding will be the next issue...gas being run external to new location, no bonding at present, my plan to bond at new entry point so same chasing region as flex...let's see if he wants it at the meter at the other side of the house!

Cheers,

This is a Worcester. Will get him to check mi tomorrow and see if this is what he's on about...annoying if I need to run in a second flex though!
I would just get him to send the model number and look for myself. If it is a Worcester Bosch be sure to use the LS LR NS for the controls, or in the event of any issue warranty may be void.

You often see manufacturers put that voltages should be kept separate to keep thier warranty valid but common sense should prevail here really I often run them in a 5 core and most volt free contacts are rated at 250v etc so surely can be exposed to it?

Yplan

Ha! Bonding will be the next issue...gas being run external to new location, no bonding at present, my plan to bond at new entry point so same chasing region as flex...let's see if he wants it at the meter at the other side of the house!

The earth bond to the gas pipe and any other extraneous part is your responsibility not the plumbers or anyone elses.

It is in their Gas safe regs I had to go through this with a plumber regarding bonding in a 2nd floor flat he showed me his gas regs book
@anthonybragg if they want a bond at the gas meter then they better put one there themselves
Its up to us to follow BS7671 and it says within 600mm of entering the building and before any Tees or branches. Obviously this isn’t viable all of the time and common sense should prevail but I certainly won’t be changing the way I bond Gas pipes until BS7671 changes

Reply to 5 core flex to combi in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock