Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 500KVA UPS transformer scrappage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chinky

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Everyone!

I am currently working on a job that requires downgrading 3 no. UPS systems 500KVA to 350KVA systems. We have today removed the old 500KVA systems that included 3 no. transformer panels. Each panel has two transformers inside, one weighing 900kg and the second 1250kg.
What is the best route to go down regards scrapping. Unfortunalty i do not have a yard large enough to store all the panels and certainly do not have the plant in my yard to strip them easily. What sort of prices would i be looking for, for a scrap dealer to collect. Collection would include the UPS panle itself. We are reusing the battery and racks.

I look forward to your ideas/recommendations

AC

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
S

sparks1973

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Trust me mate...YOU need to be stripping these yourself.......as a scrap dealer will instantly try knocking you down for removal etc....any old crap they can come out with..they will.......dont forget to keep em out of sight n all ...just in case of unwanted interest (gypsies)....

That's why I said what I said in post 2 mate, hoping that someone wouldn't do that.
There's the kids inheritance buggered:)

A

alarm man

that lot would be stripped on site and into scrappy in no time..just find a couple of sparks to split it with and your sorted..

K

Knobhead

Get an electrical recycler to tender for them if they are still working.

M

Muhammad Pasha

Hi Everyone!

I am currently working on a job that requires downgrading 3 no. UPS systems 500KVA to 350KVA systems. We have today removed the old 500KVA systems that included 3 no. transformer panels. Each panel has two transformers inside, one weighing 900kg and the second 1250kg.
What is the best route to go down regards scrapping. Unfortunalty i do not have a yard large enough to store all the panels and certainly do not have the plant in my yard to strip them easily. What sort of prices would i be looking for, for a scrap dealer to collect. Collection would include the UPS panle itself. We are reusing the battery and racks.

I look forward to your ideas/recommendations

AC
Hi Dear,
I just seen your advertisent on this website i am interesting to buy them i give you my best possible offer for these stuff £3500.00 if any interest please feel free to contact me.

K

Knobhead

You never know, the original joker could still be bashing away with a hammer and chisel.

If it’s for a UPS the transformers will be cast resin. Tough as old boots.

E

Engineer54

I'm at a loss why they would need to change the transformers full stop!! A 350 KVA UPS system will work just as well through transformers rated at 500 KVA... lol!!

G

Geordie Spark

Hi Dear,
I just seen your advertisent on this website i am interesting to buy them i give you my best possible offer for these stuff £3500.00 if any interest please feel free to contact me.
Too late bonny lad ......... tidyboiler's already got them stuffed in her handbag.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to 500KVA UPS transformer scrappage in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom