Discuss 52 static caravans. what a HOOK UP in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Static caravan? oh... you mean "Luxury Holiday Home"

I've dealt with Willerby/Victory/ABI in the past... they are very careful to never call their products "caravans" static or otherwise.

Is it a "caravan" on the blue flex on the right? No plug and socket combo?
And the next hole over? Just a hole... no cable... The spiders front door

The park I worked on had a new distribution box put in several years before I started. Each circuit was distinguished by a wrap of insulating tape around the SWA cable at the hook up point position. So you knew which box was on which circuit. No such thing as a circuit chart until I started there.
All fine until 10 years down the line when every piece of tape had either fallen off or became white through sunlight.

The time bomb here,is that the mains cable a 16mm 2 core swa,is using the outer galvanised steel as a earth,as they some do,not ideal,,but some firm used BW glands ip54.and as you see in the picture ,it's corroding,at the moment I'm collaiting info to get them back,,,ive informed the residents who own dogs not to let them near the hook ups, and keep them near the trees ,if they need a wee,,,IP,BANG

unless you can prove it is TNS it should be a TT supply and using the armour cpc just to protect the cable so 16mm is good, most places only have 10mm supplying multiple outlets.
bad idea if the glands are BW and corroded, esp if they are as bad at the supply end of the 16mm.

My site was 4mm swa to maybe 5 or 6 hook ups in a ring formation. Using a 3rd core for earth.
Place was extended and partial rewrite of old site as above a couple of years before I started.

Big local firm did it, but got the colours wrong. Ie, black for N, grey with earth sleeve brown for L
They were also connecting the vans with 1.5mm artic flex, not 2.5 as advised by the manufacturers. And some that had extras such as a washing machine or dishwasher were overloading the 16A mcb..... The old electrician they had was upping the breaker to a 20 without upgrading the flex size.
It was never the factory fitted appliances causing a problem... always the multitude of plug in heaters the owners brought in.

Foreigners were housed in 10 caravans in the fields where they work,16.00 mm 3 core supplying these.Amperage got up to 112 amps,melted the DB,re fused with 63 amp fuse,to protect the cable.
It’s now supplied by another 16 mm Swa,split 5 +5,so far so good,& it’s getting colder.

My site was 4mm swa to maybe 5 or 6 hook ups in a ring formation. Using a 3rd core for earth.
Place was extended and partial rewrite of old site as above a couple of years before I started.

Big local firm did it, but got the colours wrong. Ie, black for N, grey with earth sleeve brown for L
They were also connecting the vans with 1.5mm artic flex, not 2.5 as advised by the manufacturers. And some that had extras such as a washing machine or dishwasher were overloading the 16A mcb..... The old electrician they had was upping the breaker to a 20 without upgrading the flex size.
It was never the factory fitted appliances causing a problem... always the multitude of plug in heaters the owners brought in.
And are tenants still alive

Reply to 52 static caravans. what a HOOK UP in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net