Discuss 63A RCBO required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Got a house divided into 3 flats.

3 phase supply but don't want to get a 3 phase board as the smallest is 12 ways (SP) when I only need 4 ways (SP).

Seen a hager enclosure that will take a 3 phase incomer and using a 3 phase busbar I could fit the necessary MCBs/RCBOs. Trouble is that I really want to supply the flats with a 63A supply using the current 16mm T & E, at least one of the cables will need to be RCD protected but hager only go up to 50A for a RCBO. Supplier is saying fit a Protek 63A RCBO, but don't really want to mix different manufacturers.

Would a 50A supply be Ok for the following?
8.5kW Shower
4 ring hob + oven
ring main with about 8 double sockets and at least one 2kW heater
2kW water heater
Lights

It darkest winter I could foresee heater on (8A), water heater on (8A), shower on (37A) and then it only takes a 2nd person to put the kettle on or a 2nd room heater plugged in and thats your 50A+ taken.

Opinions?

Thanks Paul but this defeats the idea of having a 3 phase DB rather than 4 x 2way CUs

Sorry, I read it has you only needed to RCD one of the feeds to the flats and not all of them. Give Hager a call and ask them if they do a 63A RCBO. If Proteck can make one, I'm sure Hager can lol.

or get a standard 12 way Single phase CU and convert to mini 3 phase DB , eg......

remove the switch and all internal wiring links , fit a 4 pole 100A main switch then add whatever combination of devices you want with 16mm tri rate cable links instead of a bus bar.

instead of rcbo use seperate 63a / 30ma DP rcd + 63A type C mcb

Sounds like he has already got the Hager board and cant fit any external DB's.

Biff, should'nt you be out tonight scarring small children, it is Halloween after all. I've been walking around Leeds dressed up as Jimmy Saville all day. I've done my bit for this American Bull S***.

Sounds like he has already got the Hager board and cant fit any external DB's.

sounds like catastrophic failure at the design stage ;-)

Biff, should'nt you be out tonight scarring small children, it is Halloween after all.

i've snatched all the candy from kids in a 1 mile radius , my work is done for this year.

I've been walking around Leeds dressed up as Jimmy Saville all day. I've done my bit for this American Bull S***.

;-)

No, haven't got bits yet,but taking Biff's idea further, I think it would work in the hager enclosure I'm thinking of!

I can have the 4 pole main switch feeding a 3 phase busbar, supply 2 flats and 2 landlord circuits with MCBs/RCBOs, final flat - supply a 63A MCBs which in turn feeds a DP RCD.

Would work because the Hager RCDs are not polarity governed, ie. left/right - L/N, top/bottom - in/out

Picking on little kids is small fry compared to walking around a city center dressed like this:-

63A RCBO required untitled - EletriciansForums.net

Now thats a face of innocents if ever I saw one???????

It did'nt take me long to do my makeup and I took to his role very naturally rofl :rofl:

Ps I said rofl and not Rolf pmsl.

Sorry for taking your thread off track YVM, just having a laugh.

Picking on little kids is small fry compared to walking around a city center dressed like this:-

View attachment 21236

Now thats a face of innocents if ever I saw one???????

It did'nt take me long to do my makeup and I took to his role very naturally rofl :rofl:

Ps I said rofl and not Rolf pmsl.

Sorry for taking your thread off track YVM, just having a laugh.
so it was just a quick spruce up then Paul...

Why not just have a 4p main switch feeding 3 x RCD+whatever's. Buy an 18/20 way Hager board with 2 x 63A RCD's in it already and you're only looking at another RCD and a mainswitch to get - cheap as chips! You can even re-use the same bus bar, just need a couple of lengths of tri-rate to come out of the main switch and to chop one of the neutral bars into two.

Although....you'll need to check that the Hager enclosure is rated for 400V!

Reply to 63A RCBO required in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock