Discuss 6mm integrated CPC of 16mm 6242Y used for main earth in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
My adiabatic maths says that for a 16mm main conductor, assumed Ze of 0.2, 80A 88:3 CPD, k as 115.... the earth only needs to be 3.16mm therefore the 6mm in a 6242YH 16mm is more than sufficient.

Anyone disagree?

I haven't worked it out but I suspect your right, and I love the signature haha, thats about 4 or 5 with it now lmao.

I love the signature haha, thats about 4 or 5 with it now lmao.

Well, I've no idea what the original 'issue' was on about, but I couldn't help but think of something to add.......

I don't think he means as the tails fella, as a sub main from a KMF switch or breaker I suspect, and if protected by an 80 amp fuse it is going to be Fine IMO, unless it is tails LOL, then your right haha

Yes, sub mains from a KMF in a dwelling where no bonding is needed.

amazing how small the cpc actually needs to be when you sit down and work it out isnt it ?

I know a guy who uses 16mm for everything....without fail. He says it's easier. Mind you, probably for the best, he is a plumber!

I always run a 10mm2 earth with a 16mm2 T&E, I am aware it is not always required, as the OP stated as he worked out the calc and he's more than likely right of course, however so what, whats wrong with adding a 10mm2 earth wire with the run? Um nothing, good practice even if unnecessary IMO, another post we can all slate here for fun :tongue3:

Your right MDJ, on installs, but on some occasions where your doing an alteration, it can be simpler doing the calcs, than spending the day running in an oversized or unnecessary separate earth, best practice would suggest 10mm to me tho

you wouldn't run a 10mm earth to the cooker switch so why to a sub main? Pointless IMO, of course this is as said no bonding etc required

Although every situation deserves its own design

Reply to 6mm integrated CPC of 16mm 6242Y used for main earth in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock