Discuss 6MM OR 10MM in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Norm2001

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am making a annex in a old workshop about 35 metres away from the main fuse board.

It will have a water heater for a shower and sink and then just a few sockets for a kettle etc.

Would a 6mm cable be sufficient and what size shower rating would I need?

Thanks for any advice.

If you are talking a power shower which heats the water & a water heater as well then you are looking a quite a big load.
you need to find out the wattage of your preferred water heater and power shower before you can work out the cable you need.

I am making a annex in a old workshop about 35 metres away from the main fuse board.

It will have a water heater for a shower and sink and then just a few sockets for a kettle etc.

you need a spark to work out and calculate the full load and part p the work to your LBC.

As already said, you need to make a list of what you want to have, and also think of what you might want to add later. While cable is not cheap, replacing it later because of an underestimate is a whole lot more expensive!

Hi All,

Thanks for any advice.
If you want a proper job.....listen to buzz. (Spot on, pal)

Reply to 6MM OR 10MM in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

hi ive got an unused isolator in my airing cupboard that use to run a shower. no longer have has have combi boiler feeding a new shower. the...
Replies
Views
My house was built in the 1930s, The fuse in my service cut out is 60Amp and the wire coming from the street has a 16mm2 copper core(easy to see...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I’m currently part way through my apprenticeship and we are working on IB, IN, IZ and IT and volt drop today. And it got me...
Replies
Views
hi. would appreciate advice from any electricians. am trying to replace a 13amp [35 year old MK] wall socket but the terminal cage in all the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I wonder if I can get some opinion on my deliberations on an old TPN installation with numerous 1P sub-boards wired up with 16mm T&E...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock