Discuss 80amp. 63amp RCD Split in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Ketley

Can anybody supply me with the correct advice? I have a 17th edition split consumer unit with 1 x 100mA main switch, 1 x 80amp 30mA RCD and 1 x 63amp 30mA RCD. I realise that any down stream fuse cannot be larger than the RCD it follows, but is this the accumilation of MCB's after the RCD or is it just a single MCB (allowing for diversity).

ie.. If I have a 63amp RCD and place 3 x 32amp MCB's downstream would this potentially harm the RCD?? :confused:

Can anybody supply me with the correct advice? I have a 17th edition split consumer unit with 1 x 100mA main switch, 1 x 80amp 30mA RCD and 1 x 63amp 30mA RCD. I realise that any down stream fuse cannot be larger than the RCD it follows, but is this the accumilation of MCB's after the RCD or is it just a single MCB (allowing for diversity).

ie.. If I have a 63amp RCD and place 3 x 32amp MCB's downstream would this potentially harm the RCD?? :confused:

I dont suppose you are the first to install a consumer unit like that, not a probelm, don't worry about it

Reply to 80amp. 63amp RCD Split in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

G
FORGIVE MY IGNORANCE (I'M NOT A SPARKY) JUST WANT TO UNDERSTAND BETTER I just purchased a catering trailer that is already wired up. The road...
Replies
Views
P
hi, just need some advice please knowing little about electrics. I'll be getting someone in at some point to put in a new consumer unit in the...
Replies
Views
Phillb
P
Hello everyone, I know this has come upquite often, I have gone back through the many threads relating tothis topic. The reason for wanting to...
Replies
Views
GEOFF S
G
Hi Guys After some opinions. Looked at a consumer unit today installed cu in 2008 under the 16th edition ie split load CU usual configuration...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, I fitted a new Hager CU about a year and a half ago for a neighbour in our area, and all was fine, although the people who live in the...
Replies
Views
pencilpusher
P

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock