Discuss 9% increase on gas and elec in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

something has got to give, and i dont mean us householders giving more money for energy bills

And they have 99.9% of the population by the balls, lets all turn our lights off in anger...

more likley to lead to riots,something will give soon as has been said,people have had enough..

The 70's, 80's and 90's were times of plenty with UK resourced oil and gas and now we're inporting. Little or no investment in alternative sources has left the UK wide open to imports and profitering - there's little we can do about it!

All I can say is owners the of solar panels

1. the Return on investment just got BIGGER
2. the payback period just got shorter

I know the fuel bill rises may get people thinking about solar again.
I glad we can now help people with out the funding upfront, and its better than rent a roof because you own the system from day 1

That won't avoid the standing charge they are introducing!!!
That has always been part of the gas and electricity bill hasnt it - years ago we had a standing charge, then you could opt to pay no standing charge, but your price per kWh was more.
Swings & roundabouts.

Unfortuntly as we as a country rely more on imported fuel to generate the energy we need I can honestly see gas and electricity prices going only in one direction. Up.

I'm dreading the winter......the wife is a central heating addict. Last winter was very expensive gas-wise, this winter is probably gonna cripple us. Well, we'll have to cut back on the luxuries, you know, like food and water...

It never bothers me when fuel prices rise. It wouldn't bother me if prices were twice what they are now. Money is by far the best way to make people think more about energy saving. I'm speaking as a concerned inhabitant of planet Earth rather than an owner of a solar panel business.

It never bothers me when fuel prices rise. It wouldn't bother me if prices were twice what they are now. Money is by far the best way to make people think more about energy saving. I'm speaking as a concerned inhabitant of planet Earth rather than an owner of a solar panel business.

I know what you mean in principle, but the reality for most families is that increases in monthly costs make it far less likely that they will ever be able to afford to invest in things like solar. So it's not quite as simple as you make out. I agree folks are likely to turn off the lights etc. but on the other end of the scale, grandma may well freeze to death at the same time.

1. the Return on investment just got BIGGER
2. the payback period just got shorter

I was told last weekend by a former carbon trader that the actual environmental payback once manufacturing and transportation impact of all component parts is considered, and allowing for the positive benefits of solar electricity compared to existing grid generation, is around 25 years. Do you know if that's true?

Reply to 9% increase on gas and elec in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock