Discuss 9kW shower? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Does anyone know if any 9kW showers actually exist other than the Mira bloody Sport?! I'm really after a 9kW shower for about the £100 mark or less. Anyone got any ideas? Cheers.

The average cheap shower is 8.5kW, they sell em everywhere £50 up to whatever.

I have recently fitted a 7.2kW I had to order it from my local supplier and I think it was £85, it was a redring.

Does it have to be 9kW (if so why) because most showers are 8.5 or 9.5

go for a 9.5. it's probably only 9.0 anyway

Is it showers that you can devide by 240v, I am sure this was the case so that 9500w showers come in at under 40A??????? Cannot remember for certain!

Is it showers that you can devide by 240v, I am sure this was the case so that 9500w showers come in at under 40A??????? Cannot remember for certain!

Whaaaaaa? I've never hread this? Is there any truth in this, because if so it would make my life a feck load easier.

fit a 9.5kw and run it at all settings weith a clamp meter attached. theoretically it should pull 41.3A ( 9500/230 ). if you can get a reading of more than 40, I'll eat my dog! Expect to get a max. of 38A

fit a 9.5kw and run it at all settings weith a clamp meter attached. theoretically it should pull 41.3A ( 9500/230 ). if you can get a reading of more than 40, I'll eat my dog! Expect to get a max. of 38A

bet youve been waiting for an excuse for age to devour the poor pooch. Making you open the door to the garden when its freezing, having to walk it in the freezing cold. Pesky mutt!

;-)

Ah well, call off the search, 9.5kW it is. I was only slightly concerned anyway due to existing mix of installation methods, and was erring on the side of caution.

Thanks chaps.

Reply to 9kW shower? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, A few months ago we had a Triton Martinique 8.5kw shower installed. We've noticed that the temperature seemed quite low. Its what I'd...
Replies
Views
Good morning Guys Looking for some advice with regard to a current job. Building company I'm doing work for are installing...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm being tasked with installing an electric shower into a property that was built back in the 1980's. The main consumer unit has only 4 ways...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I've had a few discussions recently that have made me realise that I know nothing about lighting. Does anyone have any recommended...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just had some electrical work completed in the bathroom; I've recently refurbished the bathroom, replacing the old electric shower with...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock