Discuss A bit of advice on a Minor electrical installation works certificate. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Top Cat

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Took out a 6Kw shower, re routed 6.0mm cable to switched spur and ran 1.0mm to a pumped shower.
Is the overcurrent protective device for the modified circuit, the 32A 60898 breaker or the 3A fuse in spur?
Is the cable size the 6.0mm or the 1.0mm?

I am thinking it is the first in both cases but seems a bit ambiguous the way it is set out.

Cheers

I'd say the answer is 2 fold, 6mm & 32A and 1mm and 3A

This old chesnut again.

Took out a 6Kw shower, re routed 6.0mm cable to switched spur and ran 1.0mm to a pumped shower.
Is the overcurrent protective device for the modified circuit, the 32A 60898 breaker or the 3A fuse in spur?

I am thinking it is the first in both cases but seems a bit ambiguous the way it is set out.

Cheers

Haha
TC I started an almost Identical thread a few days ago.
Get with the program Boyo
It threw up some interesting discussions and the general consensus was to put it as a 6mm 32amp unless the Zs reading on the 1mm would constitute a failure on a 32a MCB then maybe record it as a 3a 1361 spur type thingy

Haha
It threw up some interesting discussions and the general consensus was to put it as a 6mm 32amp unless the Zs reading on the 1mm would constitute a failure on a 32a MCB then maybe record it as a 3a 1361 spur type thingy
Thanks Dave, any chance of posting the link? Sorry about not being up to speed with all the threads, i think about electrics for 99% of the time so must have missed yours on my 1% off!

The new MWCs (Elecsa ones anyway) have provision for 3 circuits giving you the opportunity to note both :)
Thanks for that just looked on my software package (Hollycroft) and has the same on there. Have to scrap the one i just did and re do it. Good job i don't have to pay for the certs! It gives me joy every time i do a cert knowing that the NIC are not getting a share of it! (apart from the obvious!)

The new MWCs (Elecsa ones anyway) have provision for 3 circuits giving you the opportunity to note both :)

So you could use the Elecsa one, record the Zs on the load side of the FCU for the 32A breaker, and then the Zs at the extremity of the circuit for the 3A fuse - and boy, if you can't get a reading to comply with the Zs for the 3A fuse you're in big trouble.

If its one or the other I'd say its the 3A fuse you are checking the Zs for!!

tin hat on

So you could use the Elecsa one, record the Zs on the load side of the FCU for the 32A breaker, and then the Zs at the extremity of the circuit for the 3A fuse - and boy, if you can't get a reading to comply with the Zs for the 3A fuse you're in big trouble.

If its one or the other I'd say its the 3A fuse you are checking the Zs for!!

tin hat on

Think i will just ---- a coin!

I haven't got Easycert it is Hollycroft, brilliant bit of kit.

Was just saying that Easycert doesn't provide the option.

Just had a quick look on the holly croft site at their demos, and it actually look better than easycert.

Does it just run in word or something? Does it keep all you past customers details and stuff like that.

Think I might be moving over to Hollycroft TBH

9 out of 10 cats would just guess it. how much is hollycroft, TC?

Cheers

I can feel a major face palm moment coming on.
;-D

Was just saying that Easycert doesn't provide the option.

Just had a quick look on the holly croft site at their demos, and it actually look better than easycert.

Does it just run in word or something? Does it keep all you past customers details and stuff like that.

Think I might be moving over to Hollycroft TBH

Yes you have to have a version of Word for it to work. All Certs are kept as a Word document.
If you have any queries give them a phone call you will get through to the owner who is really knowledgeable and friendly. Its nice to get the owner every time in this day and age!

Haha

And that is just cheating ! lol.

Just one thing to add TC,

1.5mm is now, as of amd.1, the minimum csa for power for anything other than lighting, 0.5mm for control wiring, see table 52.3 on page 130 BGB.

I got told it was in case someone replaces the 3A fuse with a 13A one, but how true this is I don't know.

Thing is if we are all gonna start noting fused spurs down as seperate circuits on a cert what happens when we do a kitchen? we fill out 7 extra circuits for all the appliances? hmmmm.....

Reply to A bit of advice on a Minor electrical installation works certificate. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock