Discuss A few questions about qualifications in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

Justas

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, I'm 25 years old at the moment and been dwelling on the idea to becoming an electrician and earning a better wage than I do now. Been browsing the forum for the past couple of days, found some good information but still have a couple of questions I need to ask someone, hope someone can help.

First of all, as I understand, to become a fully qualified electrician you need Level 3 NVQ and AM2, and if one does not have support from an electrical employer they should do City and Guilds level 2 and level 3 Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) courses. My question here would be, as city and guilds does not make you a qualified electrician, is it possible to do level 2 and then skip level 3, get a job as an electricians mate and start doing an NVQ, or would it be better to do the level 3 as well? And if so, should I get work experience after level 2 or just do levels 2 and 3 and then look for a job as a mate?

Secondly, as an electricians mate, assuming the employer I would work for teaches me how to do stuff, what kind of work would I be able to perform and what not compared to a fully qualified electrician?

And lastly, what card do you need to work as an electricians mate on a construction site? Just a green cscs labourer's card or some other electrical labourer's card (if there is such a thing)?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Justas

Reply to A few questions about qualifications in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock