Discuss A good example why not to use a Twist connector! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I am really, really amazed that they have made a comeback in this Country. We stopped using them decades ago for a very good reason!!!

Stripped out hundreds of ceramic ones when I was serving my time and they were fine for multistranded vir cable at the type but were no good for single core cable fast forward 35 years and this import from America is doing the rounds and I cannot think why we should use it inplace of connector block

I've noticed a couple of companies are doing some fairly aggressive marketing for these thing recently. I assumed they'd made some improvements to the design....maybe not. They're pretty common in appliances manufactured in the US, I've got no idea why the Yanks love them so much.

The dammed things want banning.
In there first incarnation as Screwits at least they were porcelain so heat proof. Now plastic coated metal they can melt in to a blob.

they do have their place...............

A good example why not to use a Twist connector! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Ideal industries have recently re-introduced them over here via neweys.

Needless to say, they didn't last long!

Awful bloody things!
#

Still have them in my local Denmans, also seen them in other wholesalers too. Some even have a demo set up so you can try them out.

I've noticed a couple of companies are doing some fairly aggressive marketing for these thing recently. I assumed they'd made some improvements to the design....maybe not. They're pretty common in appliances manufactured in the US, I've got no idea why the Yanks love them so much.
well for a start...recently at the show in manchester i had folk pushing these things under my nose...i was suspicious about em then...still am..that didn`t stop me grabbing a large fistful though and..
secondly....well you have already answered your question `why the yanks love em so much`.... well of course its because they make em there.........

tin hat on.i like them,only used the twister pro ones(are they designed to match your c&k gear,probaby a ploy) i like wago and chock block and crimps,no matter what you use its only as good as the spark connecting it up,

tin hat on.i like them,only used the twister pro ones(are they designed to match your c&k gear,probaby a ploy) i like wago and chock block and crimps,no matter what you use its only as good as the spark connecting it up,
this is it...they looked alrite when i had a go with em at the elex show in manchester....my only concern here with em though is differing tempretures causin em to work loose over time....

fair point,on any connector i suppose,but still better than choc block,
yep but wago`s n hellemans will accomodate tempreture difference....a lot of these connectors coming onto the market will clearly struggle with it...you only have to look at some of em...

Reply to A good example why not to use a Twist connector! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock