Discuss A message to all Elecsa registered electricians!! A must read!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I love it lol
all they have to do is have the name's listed lol.
well I asked for my name to be remove and it has thank god, and come next year my money will be walking to another provider.

unless they will let me transfer in :)

Last edited:
stroma are a bunch of donkeys ezzze......

Yeah probably right. I recall the same being said of Elecsa when they started up.

Here`s a copy of a letter I sent today

Dear Ms Fry
Thank you for your reply and I appreciate your comments.

I notice today that there have been some changes to the ESR however they fall well short of what many Elecsa Approved Contractors are requesting.

Part P Approval is, as you are no doubt aware, a legally backed system of accreditation in terms of the change to building regulations that came into force on 1st January 2005.

Approval by the NIC or ECA for non domestic work however has no basis in law and is purely a NIC/ECA system of approval.

With this in mind may I suggest a compomise which may go some way to placating the many Elecsa members who are considering leaving Elecsa in protest over being incorporated into the NIC. A self serving organisation which many of us thought we were avoiding by joining Elecsa all those years ago.

On the top of each search page it could be made clear that although contractors are assessed in a particular discipline that they are not nessesarily limited to work in that field.

A Elecsa Approved contractor logo in the search results would also be needed.

Should this happen I believe that the majority of contractors currently discussing leaving in wholesalers carparks throughout the country and on online forums would consider giving it a little time.

Having been a member of the Elecsa scheme for 6 years or so ( I joined and supported you when people still laughed at Elecsa and called you "The Window People" refering to Elecsa`s link to Fensa) I feel that I have a stake here. I would regret leaving for Napitt however, as you are probably aware, they are mail shotting Elecsa contractors as we speak. It is tempting as I hold C&G 2391 I could make a straight transfer.

At the moment however I am willing to give Elecsa the benefit of the doubt for old times sake.

Regards

Yeah, there was a select committee enquiry, damning evidence of the unscrupulous practices of the so called 'competent persons schemes' was presented, some money changed hands in brown envelopes, Elecsa and the NIC joined forces and were essentially handed a licence by the government to operate with impunity. They're still conning thousands of electricians out of their hard earned money to this day.

I left the scam schemes long behind shortly afterwards.

Yes, Certsure own them both I think. And now Stroma?
Or somebody. Stroma got bought out the other month for sure. Not sure by who.

i think Stroma has been bought out by NAPIT from what i was reading the other week.

Assuming the CMA doesn't stop it, I can see them ultimately all being under the same parent company in the next 5 years, whether that be good or bad I have no idea.

Yeah, there was a select committee enquiry, damning evidence of the unscrupulous practices of the so called 'competent persons schemes' was presented, some money changed hands in brown envelopes, Elecsa and the NIC joined forces and were essentially handed a licence by the government to operate with impunity. They're still conning thousands of electricians out of their hard earned money to this day.

I left the scam schemes long behind shortly afterwards.

It is a brave move operating without a scheme and i admire you for it . Have you had any problems when clients sell properties without a notification ?

It is a brave move operating without a scheme and i admire you for it . Have you had any problems when clients sell properties without a notification ?

Bear in mind this was six odd years ago. Back then about 50% of my work was commercial anyway, so the remaining domestic work I just carried out and certified as normal. For a while I complied with my obligations in the building regulations by writing letters to my local building control department notifying them of work that was to take place and never heard back.

Shortly after I stopped carrying out domestic work entirely as the demand grew for my industrial and commercial work.

The truth of the matter is, not one domestic customer I ever worked for had ever heard of the NICEIC, nor did any letting agent make mention of building regulation compliance. No one knows a thing.

These corporate shysters are operating fully in the knowledge that they've hoodwinked enough sparks into believing that they're a necessity that they don't even need to bother with public awareness.

Nowadays I'm out of that side of the industry entirely. I sold my clients and folded the company and it was the best decision I ever made.

Whilst not perfect, in any shape or form, things have changed slightly. If you have a read of this thread for example, and my experience #24.

I think language changes all the time. New words are formed, some old words disappear through lack of use.
The term electrician was probably laughed at when it first arrived.
Domestic installer is just a new phrase that is slowly becoming ingrained and eventually it will be accepted as normal, or perhaps die out.

Reply to A message to all Elecsa registered electricians!! A must read!! in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock