Discuss A New Even More Improved MCS Register?????? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cookiemonster

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

What on earth is going on? I got an email from a Easy MCS claiming to offer listing on and subscription to ... wait for it ... "The Ultimate MCS Accredited Installer Directory". Please someone tell me why we need another one of these. Isn't the official MCS website the one we need to be on? Come on Easy MCS ... £129.00 a year for something that is there already and that we have already paid for already - are you having a laugh??? There might be a sensible market for a QMS product out there but an ADDITIONAL MCS Directory so that you can squeeze £129.00 out of us a year - you've lost a fair amount of credibility today as far as I'm concerned.

Is it just me that's getting fed up with MCS piggy-back spin-off vulture companies in this industry?

Not impressed.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
Likewise. It certainly isn't short of customers though.

This is exactly what the MCS should be offering us.

T

TMGL

Easy MCS has a lot of customers becuase the official MCS site is frankly an embarrassment. Easy MCS would not exist if the MCS did its job properly and had an easy-to-use search facility for consumers.

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
Perhaps you're right. £129 is a staggering amount, however. I'm not sure it's a good idea to pay another firm to compete with another firm that we pay for that offers precisely the same thing (albeit in a far more amateur and clumsy manner)

P

poheZ

hey, you may complain about that but the real con is, well, real assurance. They must be doing well

E

EasyMCSLtd

Hi There Guys,

Just to clarify the MCS Directory we offer is £12 a month with no fixed contract so you are more than welcome to give it a try for a month and see the enquiries you get. Our MCS Directory unlike the Gemserv list, is advertised. We advertise in magazines like Grand Designs, Home Building and Rennovating, Self Build etc and at Exhibitions like Ecobuild purely to generate enquiries for the directory and the installers on it. The £12 you invest goes into these advertising streams and just like directories like yellow pages there is room for a directory which is advertised well, easy to use and has positive feedback from consumers and installers alike.

You don't have to sign up, it is optional and if you went for a month at £12 and got one sale it would pay for it for 45 years + it is cheaper than yellow pages and has a much more specific audience ie. customers you are looking for.

The Gemserv listing is designed for checking installers have a valid certificate as opposed to finding a local one.

Hope this helps.

D

DomB

"MCSDirectory.co.uk" - a cunning stunt.

Can you tell us how many active searches you get at the site / month?

E

EasyMCSLtd

"MCSDirectory.co.uk" - a cunning stunt.

Can you tell us how many active searches you get at the site / month?

Hi DomB,

The MCS Directory receives approx 300 users per day.

Hope this helps.

D

DomB

Thanks. Do you have any more stat's available - you mention 300 users / day - do those people commit actual searches for installers or is that just 300 hits on the site per day? How many users click through to advertiser's websites for example? It would be useful info to give potential advertisers..

Cheers

E

EasyMCSLtd

Hi There,

Will have to get hold of that information and come back to you, please feel free to call in if you have any other questions also.

Many Thanks

Markc

-
Reaction score
I feel I must post the following based upon a letter I received from Easy MCS who claim in the first paragraph that "as yet we have not registered with them"

If I may provide some feed back I would suggest re-phrasing this as I feel it can be read as a "you must?"

I'm not going to knock you as after all I am a founding member of URL Removed We may not have your coverage but we are FREE.

Sorry just had to get that in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to A New Even More Improved MCS Register?????? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net