Discuss A New Even More Improved MCS Register?????? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

cookiemonster

What on earth is going on? I got an email from a Easy MCS claiming to offer listing on and subscription to ... wait for it ... "The Ultimate MCS Accredited Installer Directory". Please someone tell me why we need another one of these. Isn't the official MCS website the one we need to be on? Come on Easy MCS ... £129.00 a year for something that is there already and that we have already paid for already - are you having a laugh??? There might be a sensible market for a QMS product out there but an ADDITIONAL MCS Directory so that you can squeeze £129.00 out of us a year - you've lost a fair amount of credibility today as far as I'm concerned.

Is it just me that's getting fed up with MCS piggy-back spin-off vulture companies in this industry?

Not impressed.

Easy MCS has a lot of customers becuase the official MCS site is frankly an embarrassment. Easy MCS would not exist if the MCS did its job properly and had an easy-to-use search facility for consumers.

Perhaps you're right. £129 is a staggering amount, however. I'm not sure it's a good idea to pay another firm to compete with another firm that we pay for that offers precisely the same thing (albeit in a far more amateur and clumsy manner)

hey, you may complain about that but the real con is, well, real assurance. They must be doing well

Hi There Guys,

Just to clarify the MCS Directory we offer is £12 a month with no fixed contract so you are more than welcome to give it a try for a month and see the enquiries you get. Our MCS Directory unlike the Gemserv list, is advertised. We advertise in magazines like Grand Designs, Home Building and Rennovating, Self Build etc and at Exhibitions like Ecobuild purely to generate enquiries for the directory and the installers on it. The £12 you invest goes into these advertising streams and just like directories like yellow pages there is room for a directory which is advertised well, easy to use and has positive feedback from consumers and installers alike.

You don't have to sign up, it is optional and if you went for a month at £12 and got one sale it would pay for it for 45 years + it is cheaper than yellow pages and has a much more specific audience ie. customers you are looking for.

The Gemserv listing is designed for checking installers have a valid certificate as opposed to finding a local one.

Hope this helps.

"MCSDirectory.co.uk" - a cunning stunt.

Can you tell us how many active searches you get at the site / month?

Hi DomB,

The MCS Directory receives approx 300 users per day.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Do you have any more stat's available - you mention 300 users / day - do those people commit actual searches for installers or is that just 300 hits on the site per day? How many users click through to advertiser's websites for example? It would be useful info to give potential advertisers..

Cheers

Hi There,

Will have to get hold of that information and come back to you, please feel free to call in if you have any other questions also.

Many Thanks

I feel I must post the following based upon a letter I received from Easy MCS who claim in the first paragraph that "as yet we have not registered with them"

If I may provide some feed back I would suggest re-phrasing this as I feel it can be read as a "you must?"

I'm not going to knock you as after all I am a founding member of URL Removed We may not have your coverage but we are FREE.

Sorry just had to get that in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mark,

We appreciate the feedback and I shall pass that on to our marketing team. MCS Directory utilises the £12 subscription fees to invest in national marketing for its members. A recent survey went out to the membership asking for opinions on a large magazine advertisement and these results have been reviewed and there is now a large advert going into home building and renovating magazine. This is allowing smaller installers to use their subscription to have a national presence.

Is this the same directory featured in the news on the official web site. The Microgeneration Certification Scheme - Mcs Website Updated . My e-mail is full everyday when i get in from every span being sent i guess they must be getting my details from the official site... Would be nice to get an enquiry for an installation from someone from the advertising i do on both these sites, instead of junk from every manufacturer in the world!

Hi Mark,

This is allowing smaller installers to use their subscription to have a national presence.

That is an interesting comment. How can the smaller installer even think about national coverage. With the costs being driven down and down it is becoming even more difficult to achieve a sensible price for local work let alone adding in the cost of national transport and accommodation etc. Is this a truly achievable aspect of the service you offer or a marketing application to provide hit rates to your site?

My opinion: Don't think big think local!

I take it back MCS Directory or Easy MCS whoever you are I came home today to find two new leads on my e-mail and after speaking to them both have come from your site.

NB: Can you take me off ya mailing list though you have me now so the e-mails and letter can stop:) can you also explain what is MCS Support? i have my audit in 2 months, got through my last one by the skin of my teeth and i know i am further behind this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it back MCS Directory or Easy MCS whoever you are I came home today to find two new leads on my e-mail and after speaking to them both have come from your site.

NB: Can you take me off ya mailing list though you have me now so the e-mails and letter can stop:) can you also explain what is MCS Support? i have my audit in 2 months, got through my last one by the skin of my teeth and i know i am further behind this time.

Hi Electrofy,

Glad to hear you are finding the MCS Directory useful. As per the MCS Directory members request there is a large advertising feature going in Home Building and Rennovating Magazine in June which will lead to even more enquiries.

The MCS Accreditation ongoing support we offer is for installers who have already achieved MCS Ceritfication but would like to use Easy MCS to ensure that it is effectively maintained. Ie. their documentation is revised whenever a standard is changed, their internal reviews are properly held and recorded, they are adequately prepared for their MCS Audit and each Installer continues with their personal MCS Mentor throughout the year.

Hope this helps.

Please don't confuse the emails you had from the forum introducing Easy MCS as a forum sponsor, with Easy MCS's own database/email list. They don't have your email addresses just because you registered here, we don't give them out at all. We send an intro email as part of the forum to inform you that they're official sponsors and to trust their forum account etc. As in it's not spam.

If you'd like to stop emails from the forum, you need to edit your forum email settings and not contact Easy MCS.

you do that here: http://www.electriciansforums.net/profile.php?do=editoptions
Uncheck the box that says "Receive email from Administrators".

Cheers

Reply to A New Even More Improved MCS Register?????? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock