Discuss A new world record, well for me in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

We all know how much he would get for £50 and it's not very much is it guys. I think I'm being generous as I've not charged him for the tests I did. Mind you I reckon on 3 days for 2 sparks, maybe a mate too

People who think we can work for the same rate as employed tradesmen are a pain in the backside. Anyway, if you don't get it then probably a blessing in disguise.

Dead right mate, I have a feeling he would be a nightmare pain in the butt as a client

Just been into the guy's shop and although he thinks mine was a good price he's found someone who will fit a new CU and claims that will sort all his problems out. I wonder what he's planning on doing with the Ra and the missing bonding.
It's not my problem though but is that the sound of horses and spurs I can hear in the distance

The sound I could hear was right. He just rang me and told me if I can change the CU for £150 the work is mine.
I'm absolutely bloody furious! How dare he ask me to compromise my standards and professionalism

Well, you did get a "feel" for this guy trev. Hope you laughed rather than got upset.

I'm working for a great old lady atm. Found a few dangerous things while doing several upgrades for her and she just says "put it right if it needs doing". I'm looking after her, but it makes me realise how some unscrupulous people could make a fortune! Bet my next job will be the opposite :)

I wasn't fussed about not getting the rewire Tim it was the phone call asking me to do a crap job that boiled my blood. I'm over it now though:)

I wasn't fussed about not getting the rewire Tim it was the phone call asking me to do a crap job that boiled my blood. I'm over it now though:)

I can understand that trev. It's a real insult for sure, and is like saying "you were trying it on before, so do what someone else has suggested and all is forgiven". We've all been there.
Glad you have put it behind you, as these people aren't worth a second of your time.

When he comes back to me asking me to put this guys work right it's going to be "rewire or nowt mate" and it's still going to cost him what I originally quoted:)

Reply to A new world record, well for me in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock