Discuss A project with a difference ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Delta1

Hi my name is Chris and i have been a sparky for the last 30 years,

I have decided to join and post on here to ask for the communities assistance.

About 2 years ago a small group of us decided to take on a project to save Drakelow Tunnels, see Drakelow Tunnels Official Website. This is a tunnel complex that was built as a Shadow factory to Rover during the war, then in the 60's turned into a Nuclear Bunker for the regional goverment seats. When it started it housed up to 500 people. It has approximatley 270,000 sq ft of tunnel.

We need help ! although we are charity based there are a small amount of funds available.

We are in desperate need of a 400amp 10 way sub Dis. Board with breakers (this can be 2nd hand as long as in reasonable condition). also we are after 100's of meters of 1.5 T&E, and well basically, whatever we can lay our hands on !

We are looking for anything that might help outr project.

If anyone can help please drop me a line.

Hi my name is Chris and i have been a sparky for the last 30 years,

I have decided to join and post on here to ask for the communities assistance.

About 2 years ago a small group of us decided to take on a project to save Drakelow Tunnels, see Drakelow Tunnels Official Website. This is a tunnel complex that was built as a Shadow factory to Rover during the war, then in the 60's turned into a Nuclear Bunker for the regional goverment seats. When it started it housed up to 500 people. It has approximatley 270,000 sq ft of tunnel.

We need help ! although we are charity based there are a small amount of funds available.

We are in desperate need of a 400amp 10 way sub Dis. Board with breakers (this can be 2nd hand as long as in reasonable condition). also we are after 100's of meters of 1.5 T&E, and well basically, whatever we can lay our hands on !

We are looking for anything that might help outr project.

If anyone can help please drop me a line.
best o luck here fella...

I'd approach the manufacturers mate. Even in there strained times there are businesses who will support heritage projects. You never know you might get lucky

agree with trev,some suppliers will hand over some gear for a bit of a plug,alarm bells ring when someone asks for a load of bluey..

even some wholesalers/outlets may be interested....and if this project makes the local rag....well i`d say they will be almost falling over themselves to be seen as doing their `bit for the community`....

They'll be some spare gear coming out of the temporary Olympic venues in a few weeks.

Not only do you go to the local rags, they'll go to professional electrician and get national coverage. I know for a fact that TT electronics (formerly known as AEI Cables) have done this a load of times with cable that wasn't quite up to the mark for sale. Reasons like no chalk dust inside the sheathing

Sarah Beeney got Hager to cough up loads of stuff for her own home and a bit of TV "exposure" so you should definitely try the manufacturers.

Good luck

Interesting place...clicked the link but couldn't find any info at all to where these tunnels are on the site.

For the gear you need that's one hell of a lump so as many have said best shot would be to contact some manufacturers/supplies and see if they can help.

Ask Melinda messenger off of cowboy builders to go round the local suppliers. She always gets folk to give everything away for bugger all!

Not only do you go to the local rags, they'll go to professional electrician and get national coverage. I know for a fact that TT electronics (formerly known as AEI Cables) have done this a load of times with cable that wasn't quite up to the mark for sale. Reasons like no chalk dust inside the sheathing
yeah but as long as you can break the cores out of it/mek em off n all that....and it IRs good....

Reply to A project with a difference ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock