Discuss A question about main fuses & meter tail sizes. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Johnny-G

I'm sure plenty of us have seen 100a fuses on 16mm (or less) tails and know that that simply doesn't work.
My question is, has the ccc changed or something as why would they have been installed in the first place?:confused:

maybe a DNO upgrade and they fail to actually look at whats poking out consumer side of meter!

bit like the rewire i did with a NEW digital meter changed in 2010 with 4mm (imperial size ones though) VIR tails connected to it!! was about 2 hard breaths of air to having no insulation!!

shocking

funny this 25mm tails on everything. on a job the other week ( not my instal) with an overloading problem tripping a 63A type C. the feed was 16mm T/E carrying 83A. i measured the cable temp. at 39deg,C. well under the 70 deg. limit. methinks the safety factors for cable are way over the top.

any body used radox cable for tails. 16mm rated at 150A.

My biggest question was why where thes tails not replaced when they replaced the meter !!!! this photograph has been passed on to the ESC

Reply to A question about main fuses & meter tail sizes. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a domestic installation to rewire and the main incoming fuse is 80 amp so i am using 16mm double insulated tails, is the main earth size...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have been asked to take over a job an electrician has started, and has moved abroad. The house is a big mansion, with a 3PH supply...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Joining niceic and doing a sub main to a garage off a tns earthing arrangement using 6mm Swa. The question is I have 25mm tails on 100a main fuse...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My question relates to the omission of overcurrent protection (specifically overload and fault protection) at the origin of an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock