Discuss A question to any auto electricians, Toyota hiace van missing immobiliser!!!!!! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave007

DIY
Reaction score
Hi all, I will just start by saying any advice is much appreciated. I recently brought an old Toyota hiace van d4d 2004. Quite quickly it developed a starting problem. So whether the van had been running for a while or starting it from cold it was taking longer and longer to get it to run. I naturally thought it was the glow plugs and fuel filter (I don’t know the van history). I had to get it towed to the garage and they said the glow plugs were new ish and they changed the fuel filter. But still not starting they said the diagnostic machine brought up a code for the immobiliser. They asked me to bring a second set of keys but unfortunately it made no difference. I then had it transported to a second garage who had an auto electrician. They took the dash out and said the immobiliser has been removed and it would require a new Ecu with locks and all sorts. They said the repair would be to expensive for the age of the vehicle. I will attach the photos they sent to me. I just want to ask is this definitely the end for my van (I have it back on my drive now) I can’t understand if the immobiliser has been removed why this is coming up as a fault/stopping the engine from running. Any help appreciated

Attachments

• D36D7045-3360-465C-9C6C-56CD74AE5209.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 8C30A055-D6B7-453C-9168-7310E859066D.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 216E9B85-2A88-48F8-BCB6-5604418BEAEC.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 7

Reply to A question to any auto electricians, Toyota hiace van missing immobiliser!!!!!! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net