Discuss A reminder to everyone - FatallyFlawed - Child Plug Socket Covers Campaign in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The rugby club lets out rooms to Creches and gues what - they have fitted the "safety plugs" I was not aware until today how dangerous this is ( even though I understand the principle of the original safety shutter design ) They will be removed tomorrow.

Great site!

Many thanks

Will

The rugby club lets out rooms to Creches and gues what - they have fitted the "safety plugs" I was not aware until today how dangerous this is ( even though I understand the principle of the original safety shutter design ) They will be removed tomorrow.

Great site!

Many thanks

Will
Did you sign the petition Will?

got to ring Trading standards regarding them not sure what its about but i will keep you all informed

See what ive just found on the ESC website [h=2]Socket Blanking Plugs[/h]We don’t promote the use of socket blanking plugs as we don’t consider normal household sockets a serious risk to children.
These sockets have built in safety shutters to prevent access to the live parts inside. However, we understand that using these plugs may give parents and carers additional peace of mind. It’s your choice.
To view our policy statement click here

One of my activities over the weekend has been trawling for forums for other trades and professions Logging in to them and giving them the info about the campaign. Most have been very receptive and supportive, the nurses, doctors, solicitors, fire service and accountants have all pledged signatures. Tonight I found ukpoliceonline so away I went again, I apologise for invading their forum then proceed to tell them in an orderly manner. I left the window open and was looking now and again to see if there was any feedback, after 84 views the thread was deleted without any warning or explanation. Thanks policeman moderator...not

It seems this thread is gathering a lot of vital information for FF, which is a success in it's own. It may or may not be on FF's agenda but somebody with the time should put it together as a white paper as a colation of opinions and findings of the UK's electrical experts - and beyond.

Opera, Chrome (once i ticked check server for revocation) and IE9 seems that the Security Cert on there site has been revoked at the time of trying to post (gov page Sign the petition! link)

who knew them Plug covers are so dangerous

hi all im new to site so just saying hellooooooooooo:tt1:

- - - Updated - - -

i agree with trev i dont think there safe at all

Have just signed and will make my work colleauges aware of this as well. Have just this second told a pregnant mum to be!

Reply to A reminder to everyone - FatallyFlawed - Child Plug Socket Covers Campaign in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock