Discuss aca exam at cambuslang/testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

supertoad

think they may be a problem with one of the tests on the 3p board as I think it is a pme syst and I may have to disscn the neutral -any help

Do they do any clairvoyance classes at these training centers? cause I don't have a clue what the op is on about

Hi, yeah you need to disconnect the neutral. Main switch off obviously. Passed my ACA in December. Still not got my new card though. Need 6 months left in your ECS card to get issued the new approved one. ECS test booked for next Friday.

could be a trainee in spelling! either way sarcastic comments don't help him

It's not just the spelling - the question is not clearly worded at all. I think if you are after assistance then it is only common good manners to at least take a small amount of time to construct proper sentences and ask the question clearly. Your own post (#4) shows that even you aren't clear on what he is wanting to know. Daz

Stop being so petty. The guy asked a question looking for an answer. I knew what he meant. I don't see what made it so difficult to understand. Maybe you English folk should just stay out of things that relate to electricians in Scotland. Doesn't matter how much experience you have. The ACA puts pressure on you and you can start second guessing. Guy could just be looking for a bit of piece of mind.

Fair enough, from now on I won't respond to any posts from anyone in Scotland. Suits me. Daz

Stop being so petty. The guy asked a question looking for an answer. I knew what he meant. I don't see what made it so difficult to understand. Maybe you English folk should just stay out of things that relate to electricians in Scotland. Doesn't matter how much experience you have. The ACA puts pressure on you and you can start second guessing. Guy could just be looking for a bit of piece of mind.
From what I hear the electricity is the same both sides of the border

What has any of this got to do with supertoads question? i made my point because I am sick of seeing stupid comments that are completely irrelevant on posts. As posted earlier in this thread today with English being a second language because he is scottish. Nothing to do with a question about disconnecting the neutral when IR testing. We are all meant to be responsible skilled people, fair enough having a laugh but it wouldn't be that if it was you looking for an answer and you just get people taking the ****

Hi, yeah you need to disconnect the neutral. Main switch off obviously. Passed my ACA in December. Still not got my new card though. Need 6 months left in your ECS card to get issued the new approved one. ECS test booked for next Friday.

thanks, just to check, on a TPN board,you must disscn the neutral on the internal before doing an ir test if the supply is a PME.[sorry thought theN/E
was split before the DB? pretty plain ive not done much 3P work but not come aross this before even in the 231 practical
has to b something basic just don't get it--help

Ok, I'm gonna take a chance and try to answer. Think of a single phase consumer unit - you switch off the double pole switch to isolate the board before IR testing, don't you?
On a 3 ph board, the neutral is not disconnected via the main switch, but typically via a neutral link....sooo, you drop the link to IR test ('cos if you dont, N&E are linked in the head).

Does that help? And everyone - put your handbags down:49:

Reply to aca exam at cambuslang/testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net