Aca

Discuss Aca in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Torris

Anyone,

I was the first year of apprentices who had to fill in a log book before I was eligible to apply for my approved electrician status.
I have done this and the book has been passed, I am now able to sit a final assessment called the ACA(advanced competancy assessment).
I understand its a practical and theory based assessment.
Has anyone out-there had the joy of this and what can I expect???
Any advice would be appreciated

Torris

Anyone,

I was the first year of apprentices who had to fill in a log book before I was eligible to apply for my approved electrician status.
I have done this and the book has been passed, I am now able to sit a final assessment called the ACA(advanced competancy assessment).
I understand its a practical and theory based assessment.
Has anyone out-there had the joy of this and what can I expect???
Any advice would be appreciated

Torris

sorry never heard of this, most people do the AM2

whereabouts are you, are you in the UK?

Im in scotland,
I sat the AM2 years ago to get my electricians grade card, but since 2000 we have had sit an advanced competancy assessment(ACA) to enable you to get your approved status. You only become eligible to sit this after you complete a logbook of job entries, not unlike the logbook you have to fill in during your apprenticeship but slightly more technical.

Again any advice appreciated

yes mate ive just handed in mines and should here over next few days hopefully that ive passed , but from what friend say its just a half a day test down in edinburgh the percent of it testing will find out more and get back to you hoping to sit it as soon as possible

I am also due to sit my aca and am looking for info on it can anyone help me, i have heard it is supposed to be really hard though.

hi mate i have to sit my (arc) on 5th off dec so i would like to know what i am in for to . i have looked at ther web site for info a 6 hour assesment i:confused: hope some one can help more

I have been told that there is a bit on testing fault finding and safe isolation but the majority of it is theory but have no idea what is in that if you find out let me know please

This system has changed now Lads, although the end exam still remains. You sit it at Cambuslang. Instead of the Log Book you now have a "Statement of Experience" which can be downloaded from the SJIB website. You carry this around with you and after 2 years it should be filled with jobs you have completed, signed by the relevant supervisors. Once it has been verified by SECTT a Declaration form will be issued which your current supervisor will sign. This will trigger a date from SJIB for you to sit your ACA.

Good Luck

i thought you had to do your 2391 to become approved? ive done my AM2 but im just down as an electrician not an approved electrician.

This is the Scottish system Jib. I am not going to pretend I know how your system works and would hate to give you the wrong advice.
I also sat the AM2.We were the first year of apprentices to do it.I remember the Assessing Centres wouldn't give the Colleges any info on what the Assessment consisted of.Hahaha....what a nightmare it was....

can any electrician become an approved electrician just by filling in a statement of experience then? have i picked the up right??

i did just what garydye said filled out my form back in September October time and had my aca to found the majority of it quite easy the last part is tight to do in the time frame find out in a few weeks if i have past or not if you are applying for your approved be prepared to wait they are booked up until October

Hi has anyone actually sat the Aca in Scotland yet. Was about to fill in that logbook that I was given many years ago when leaving college, but see it has now changed to Statement of Experience (that's a bonus, because that logbook isn't well explained).

So I plan to fill out Statement of experience then apply to sit ACA - just wondering what the ACA exam actually involves??

hi mate i done my aca last year send me youre mobile number and i tell you what you will have to do

its not that bad i done it in glasgow

Hi Marty could you possibly write in here what you had to do for the a.c.a ave sent away for mine just waiting on dates nae sure wot to expect .

Cheers

Reply to Aca in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock