Discuss Accenta 6 Alarm: Lost user code in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Luchador

Hey there,

Have any of you fellas got experience of working with Accenta 6 alarms? Went to a customer today who has one of these alarms and he doesn't know his user code (recent change of occupancy). I checked on the internet whilst there for a manual / instructions and found one which I thought was for this model but when looking at the reset instructions they explained that, amongst other things, a wire from the SET terminal on the control panel needed to be removed but there was no wire in it to remove! The alarm had worked prior to the user code being forgotten though. Does anyone know how to go about resetting the user code? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

If you have the installation manual you will find it is in there, as as far as I can remember it does have something to do with linking the set terminal.

think you power it down. link set+ to PA, then power up. may have to repeat. user code will then be 0123, but al other programming will be lost. i'm going out in 5, but will try and confirm later. might be an idea to try 0123 before trying resetting.

They normally use "jumpers" on the board... You know like you get in computers.. Well you did in my day.

View attachment 5201

Look for a jumper marked SET

There wasn't one unfortunately RWJ.

If you have the installation manual you will find it is in there, as as far as I can remember it does have something to do with linking the set terminal.

This is what it says in the manual:

Defaulting User Code 1 and Engineer Code
1. Power down panel.
2. Remove wiring from SET output and TAMP input (next to PA).
3. Fit shorting wire between SET and left-hand TAMP terminal.
4. Power up.
5. Wait for alarm to start.

6. Power down panel and then restore original wiring.

There was no wire to remove from SET output but I did everything else and it didn't do the trick unfortunately. I was hoping there may be an alternate way of doing it without having to incorporate SET.

think you power it down. link set+ to PA, then power up. may have to repeat. user code will then be 0123, but al other programming will be lost. i'm going out in 5, but will try and confirm later. might be an idea to try 0123 before trying resetting.

I tried 0123 too, I had no joy with that either sadly.

There wasn't one unfortunately RWJ.

This is what it says in the manual:

Defaulting User Code 1 and Engineer Code
1. Power down panel.
2. Remove wiring from SET output and TAMP input (next to PA).
3. Fit shorting wire between SET and left-hand TAMP terminal.
4. Power up.
5. Wait for alarm to start.

6. Power down panel and then restore original wiring.

There was no wire to remove from SET output but I did everything else and it didn't do the trick unfortunately. I was hoping there may be an alternate way of doing it without having to incorporate SET.

Did you try fitting a wire between SET and left hand tamper?? then powering up??

Did you try fitting a wire between SET and left hand tamper?? then powering up??

Aye, I tried that RWJ. Sparky 3366 is probably right about being careful about sharing this on an open forum. If you guys would prefer to PM me that's fine. Thanks.

all this stuff is public knowledge since it is in the manual, it should work when you link out the set and tamp terminations, just get a new panel they are so cheap will be cheaper than fannying about i would think

you must remove the wires from the tamper pair of terminals first . then link set+ to L/H tamper terminal.then power up.wait for alarm to sound, then power down, remove link and power up again. sometimes you have to do it twice.

all this stuff is public knowledge since it is in the manual, it should work when you link out the set and tamp terminations, just get a new panel they are so cheap will be cheaper than fannying about i would think

Aye, I think that's the way to go morph to be honest. Does it have to be like for like when it comes to a new panel i.e. Accenta 6? Or will any Accenta model be compatible?

As the manual has already been quoted, and it is not possible to perform this reset without triggering the alarm in any event.....
The manual assumes that the original installer has utilised the remote set button facility on the panel. So to perform a reset, any wiring that exists here must be first disconnected.
It can be a bit awkward, especially under pressure with the panel and all the sounders going off whilst you are doing it.

As the manual has already been quoted, and it is not possible to perform this reset without triggering the alarm in any event.....
The manual assumes that the original installer has utilised the remote set button facility on the panel. So to perform a reset, any wiring that exists here must be first disconnected.
It can be a bit awkward, especially under pressure with the panel and all the sounders going off whilst you are doing it.

What exactly needs to be disconnected then BlueToBits?

most accenta panels should work,
basically with a new panel you will be left with bell, pir, cable and rkp which should all be reasonabley mix n matchable

Last edited by a moderator:
you must remove the wires from the tamper pair of terminals first . then link set+ to L/H tamper terminal.then power up.wait for alarm to sound, then power down, remove link and power up again. sometimes you have to do it twice.

done this 2 or 3 times, always worked for me.

What exactly needs to be disconnected then BlueToBits?

Any wiring that may be connected to the set terminal if the system installation has a remote set button. The chances are that there isn't any so there will be nothing to disconnect. See Telectrix comment #11.

Remove cables from PA connections and set + (forget terminal numbers as these changed when the expanded the Optima/Accenta from 4 to 6 then 8

Anyway power down (outside sounder may go off ignore it) link Set+ and the left hand connection of PA power up then enter 0123 to silence panel remove link the replace PA and Set+ cables if required

hello i'm new here,
i have a similar problem, my alarm went off one night when my daughter came home and i haven't been able to reset it since, i have tried the wiring thing about six times now and still nothing?? also the number eight zone light is on the keypad?? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
paul

Reply to Accenta 6 Alarm: Lost user code in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net