Discuss Access 2 trades Complaints procedure 2012 onwards in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

V

Valentine

Hey.

Can anybody give any help or advice on how best to pursue a complaint against Access 2 Trades Ltd since their administration. In particular The Mis-selling of courses??

Many Thanks in advance guys - V

Are you on about access 2 trade careers? If so you 'got a leg to stand on regarding the miss selling of their courses I've had a solicitor look over it. Main issue is that their isn't a company to issue on.

Yeah, that seems like the biggest hurdle so far. I was transferred to OLCI to undergo my training and have since finished it however my problem is that I signed up for fully qualified electrician and was somehow tricked into signing and therefore receiving only Domestic Electrical Installer which is a course barely worth the paper its printed on and worse, Not even recognised by the SJIB (me being Scottish and living here in Dundee)

According to my research so far, section 75(?) of Consumer Credit Act states that if The Company (Access 2 Trade Careers) and The Bank (Barclays Partner Finance) had to work together in order to accept students via personal loan as opposed to straight up 1 off payment method, Then I have a claim against the bank equal to the claim i "had" (notice the past tense) against Access 2 Trades. The responsibility being split between them.

According to anyone who worked for Access 2 Trades (here on this forum for example) the Bank were the ones who pulled the plug and started this whole nasty fiasco in the first place.

I am currently awaiting reply from the bank on the accusations I have put in writing to them. Failing that I will, on the advice on my solicitor, be then contacting the FSA and the FO. I know its gonna be a long and drawn out affair but Im prepared to follow through for as many years as necessary to resolve this nightmare (I am Scottish after all and we're talking about a lot of money here ;) However if anybody else has any hints, tips or general advice, all help will be greatly appreciated!!

Valentine

I wish you all the best but I feel like your struggle will fall on deaf ears.
I say this as I've been down this route. Letters direct to barclays, fsa etc even a solicitor wouldnt take it any further. But absolutely nothing. You might have a claim as you paid up front as I took the finance route. Most expensive mistake I've ever made.
I to have finished my course with OLCI (who I thought were not that good) and im even struggling to get mates work. Hoping to go back to college in sept to do the cg2357.

All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Valentine,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I would like to speak to you about your course in response to your queries. Please give me a call on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox.

Hi phil_davison,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I understand that you have now completed your course with us, but if you would like to contact me to speak about anything in relation to your time at OLCI please don't hesitate to call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I wish you every success in the future.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox.

spent some time with guys who had come from access 2 tades when i was doing my course. one guy also thought he was on the qualified electrician course with access but turned out he wasnt as they didnt offer that. put a lot of the guys behind having to change training companies half way through but luckily they could finishes their course. i didnt come from access but my experience with olci was a good one, my tutor was a really nice bloke as well which helps.

Valentine Part P does not exist in Scotland and the SJIB take a dim view of crash course electricians its not your fault but people should keep in mind that yes this is the UK but Scotland has its own laws that differ from England & Wales.

The ammount of people who call me and say are you Part p registered . Plus big insurance companies and even Screwfix and try and apply English law and standards in Scotland and a mate who does work for a nationwide kitchen supplier said the same thing.

I forgot to add that guys are getting around this by registering an English address and applying for a JIB card and when it expires they reapply to the SJIB mind you could save yourself a lot of money and take the misses fora weekend in an eastern european country and buy yourself a grade card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,
I was just wondering if there had been any more development on this.
I spent many hour in 2011, on the phone to Barclays, and OLCI trying to get them to change me to the NVQ course I had been told I was doing from Access 2 Trade.
Spoke to many people in many different departments, but was told there was nothing I could do, Barclays told me they had for filed there commitments by finding another training provider and OLCI told me they had taken us on as a like for like course.
I feel that between both party's they just fobbed me off with a load of rubbish about it not being there problem.
Well it is somebody's problem. And I won't rest until I either get my money back. or get enrolled in a course that I can actually use to further my career.
Come on OLCI do the right thing.

Hi joey.soden

I understand that you have contacted one of my colleagues.

We are looking into your enquiry, and we will get back to you.

If you have any further questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to email me on [email protected].

Best wishes,

Alana Fox.

Reply to Access 2 trades Complaints procedure 2012 onwards in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock