Discuss Access2 Trade Careers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lancaster_Daf

Has anyone done a course with Access 2 Trade careers?

It's a distance learning course with four five day practical training sessions. It all looks quite impressive but i'm starting to wonder if it's all just a big scam to make a ton of money from course fees and associated credit arrangements.

1. I can't find a price list for the courses published anywhere. Not on the website and not on any of the leaflets i've been given or even on the enrolment form.

The rep who came to see me told me what the fees were, but how do i know that he didn't make up a price based on what he reckoned i could aford.

2. I have a letter telling me that they have reserved a place for me on the course but due to high demand they can only hold the place open for 14 days.

How exactly does a distance learning course become over-subscribed?

3. At the bottom of the website it says "access2 trade careers is a trading name of Anglo Capital Limited. "

And if you google anglo capital limited you find:

"Anglo Capital Limited has developed an expertise in international wealth and Succession Planning for families with a connection to Israel. If you or your heirs live in Israel, it is worth planning ahead to protect your assets and inheritance."

Why the heck are an israeli finance company running electrician courses?

4. I've just stubled accross this page and i have to wonder what are the chances of getting 2 very proffesionaly written glowing references within 4 hours of eachother? http://http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Jobs-and-Education/Question566382.html

Hi, I looked at them. Met Ian Lawson, quoted me £5495 inc VAT.

Sounded OK, only opened in Jan 09. Visited their training place at
[FONT=&quot]Unit 288[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Oak Drive[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hartlebury Trading Estate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hartlebury[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Worcestershire[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DY10 4JB[/FONT]

Very big but almost empty, very few people there and no electrical courses running at the time.

Seemed more interested in getting me to pay than explaining how it all worked.

I had the same letter, just trying to force your hand, if anything they have massive amounts of spare capacity.

Bob

I work for Access and wanted to clarify the point you make about Anglo Capital.

The Israeli company is a different company to us. We are a UK company, not associated with the Israeli company at all. If you look at our website, you will notice that we are registered in the UK, and have a registered company number.

Also, thanks to the owners of the forum for allowing me to post a reply to this thread.

I work for Access and wanted to clarify the point you make about Anglo Capital.

The Israeli company is a different company to us. We are a UK company, not associated with the Israeli company at all. If you look at our website, you will notice that we are registered in the UK, and have a registered company number.

Also, thanks to the owners of the forum for allowing me to post a reply to this thread.

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forum - I have one question....

How come you chose only to address one comment out of the above posts?

Surely whether you are or aren't affiliated to an Israeli company is the

least of the concerns raised?

Maybe it would be a good idea if you gave us a run down - on here -

of your company eg.:

courses and qualifications offered

cost??

duration?

access to tutors

etc etc

I think quite a few of our members would appreciate this:)

Cheers,

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the comment.

As part of being able to post on this forum, I've agreed with the moderators not to post anything that could be advertising or promoting our services. And I think that answering those specific questions would effectively be promoting our company.

The best I can suggest is that we can answer these questions if you get in touch with us.

Sorry I can't be of more help on the forum itself.

Chris

So where do Anglo Capital come in then? What's the relationship between the two?

access2 trade careers is a trading name of Anglo Capital Limited.
Registered office: 5 The Mews, Hagley Hall, Hagley, Worcestershire DY9 9LQ. Registered in England
no. 5260747.

Anglo Capital is the name of the registered company, with Access 2 Trade Careers being the brand name we operate the training courses under.

As two quick examples, Amazon.co.uk is the trading name for Amazon EU S.à.r.l., Amazon Services Europe S.à.r.l. and Amazon Media EU S.à r.l. The Sun is a brand name, with the holding company actually being News Group Newspapers Ltd.

Hope that clears it up.

Hi Gemma,

If you prefer to use that font, maybe best to increase the text size.

Its making me squint and i were glasses!!:D

Hi Gemma,

If you prefer to use that font, maybe best to increase the text size.

Its making me squint and i were glasses!!:D

Sorry! i have issue's with my keyboard which means I end up with different fonts........don't ask :) have adjusted it accordingly.

hi there ,have a chance to enroll on the course done an electrical apprenticeship 1991 to 1995 looking to get back in the trade so rang access2trade seemed very helpful but dose cost a lot of money i`ll try and do a bit of research into the company before i spend my money or can anybody help me on the company cheers andrew

Has anyone actually done one of these courses with acess2tradecareers?

I am currently half way through this course, and although its alot of info to take in i am zooming through it fairly quickly. The centre is very busy and the tutors are great. I would reccomend it to anyone especially trainee sparks who have some knowledge of electrics and are lookin to fast track the qualifications. Hope this helps

Its official Access2 Trade Careers has gone under and everyone who had paid the £5500 and is in the middle of doing a course with them is been screwed.

Its impossible to speak to anyone involved with Access2, all previous contact details are useless and aside from one email saying, "sorry we are unable to continue with your training" there has been a total communications blackout from Access2.

Anglo Capital Limited are denying any knowledge of there existence and are not willing to comment on any issues or take any responsibility for any financial loss to students of Access2, which is probably why some mug working for them took such aim to discount themselves in this topic, only think they where willing to say was to seek legal help, for all the fat lot of good that will do as I am sure they have taken every loop hole to disassociate themselves from the situation, why they leave us all saying "Where the **** is my money".

So £5500 down, nobody to speak to, no body is making any kind of communication or giving any indications, I hope Anglo Capital burn in hell, looks like everyone who gave them money has lost out, Access2 can go **** themselves.

My Advise - Don't EVER pay to train with a company under 5 years old, I have to say Access2 looked good on the front line but it turned out to be £5500 for nothing, and DONT sign up for anything linked to the name Anglo Capital Limited **** THEM

Do not sign up to Access 2 trade as they have collapsed as of Wedensday.. The course however was excellent and run by highly trained professionals. Very unfortunate that the financial backers are thieves...

UOTE=Lancaster_Daf;31940]Has anyone done a course with Access 2 Trade careers?

It's a distance learning course with four five day practical training sessions. It all looks quite impressive but i'm starting to wonder if it's all just a big scam to make a ton of money from course fees and associated credit arrangements.

1. I can't find a price list for the courses published anywhere. Not on the website and not on any of the leaflets i've been given or even on the enrolment form.

The rep who came to see me told me what the fees were, but how do i know that he didn't make up a price based on what he reckoned i could aford.

2. I have a letter telling me that they have reserved a place for me on the course but due to high demand they can only hold the place open for 14 days.

How exactly does a distance learning course become over-subscribed?

3. At the bottom of the website it says "access2 trade careers is a trading name of Anglo Capital Limited. "

And if you google anglo capital limited you find:

"Anglo Capital Limited has developed an expertise in international wealth and Succession Planning for families with a connection to Israel. If you or your heirs live in Israel, it is worth planning ahead to protect your assets and inheritance."

Why the heck are an israeli finance company running electrician courses?

4. I've just stubled accross this page and i have to wonder what are the chances of getting 2 very proffesionaly written glowing references within 4 hours of eachother? http://http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Jobs-and-Education/Question566382.html[/QUOTE]

Reply to Access2 Trade Careers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock