Discuss Accountanct fees...??..!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just want to check how this compares against others.

Have recently had to go VAT registered.

Asked my accountant what his fees would now be ?

£200 per quarter for vat
£200 year for tax return

So that gone up from £200 a year to £1000, great !

Is that about right, think I may have to look at doing my own VAT returns, anyone else do their own ? For some reason I presumed 12 weeks of VAT would be an easier job than a yearly tax return ?

Many Thanks,

Sy

vat returns are easy to do. just a simple form. but you must have up to date books in case the vatman wants to query anything.

That sounds about right to me!
I Pay £1200 per year for tax return and all my books, £ 180 per quarter for VAT Return, and £100 per month for PAYE. You could do it yourself, but dont we have enough paperwork to do?
Plus I pay £150 a year insurance policy so If I ever get investigated, my accountant sorts it all out free of charge.
The firm I use took the TAXMAN to court once and won which means they will think twice to question there judgement next time, Well thats the way I look at it any way.

I do my own VAT (not much gone through the books since going limited anyway). Pays to keep your records up to date regularly. Collect and do any receipts weekly (invoices as they're issued). Then you'll have the figures to hand. Just remember you need to have the amounts the VAT is based on as well as the VAT amount.

Edit: Have started keeping monthly receipts envelopes filed by VAT return period as well.

Last edited:
I currently pay £1800 a year (ex vat) for my accountant. thats for everything related to my ltd company and also my personal accounting. Which i didnt rate as too bad.

Reply to Accountanct fees...??..!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net