Discuss Accuracy of smart meters in the Submit an Article to Electricians Forums Blog Here area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Having solar pv, battery storage and a ev even though listening to numerouse complaints about smart meters I decided to go for a smart meter to be installed by octopus so I could benefit from the low 5p night rate it became aware on my first bill that even though I was put on the go tarrif at my request I was being charged a night rate of 6.75p per kw between 0030 and 0430 am this has been remedied since complaining but after a month after the gas meter being installed my gas meter still isn't communicating and sending readings its been complained about without any realistic explanation they are smet 2 meters, with having monitoring on my battery setup I have become aware of a significant difference the smart meter is reading and what the battery set up records this is rather alarming and it will be something I am taking up with octopus but how would anyone get the calibration of the electric smart meter checked out is it something that could be altered remotely.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to Accuracy of smart meters in the Submit an Article to Electricians Forums Blog Here area at ElectriciansForums.net