Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Domestic Adabtable boxes

Discuss Adabtable boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

keniff

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys, what's the advantage if any of using a galv adaptable box over plastic? Other than strength, if you use pirana nuts you earth the gland either way? I suppose if you used a metal box you could earth the box for multiple armoured glands save loads of fly leads?

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
about right. also, where livestock are concerned, galv. boxes withstand stupid animals kicking and biting them better than plastic.

keniff

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol oh right, so would it be acceptable to earth many glands with on fly lead to the box rather than many to each gland or is this bad practice? I normally flylead each one individually

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
nowt wrong with belt and braces. at least nobody will have your pants down over that.

M

MarkieSparkie

Better RFI and radiated noise immunity, by maintaining the earth screen.

S

sparks1973

wiskas will stand up to a belt n all.....together with chewin and knawin....

S

sparks1973

about right. also, where livestock are concerned, galv. boxes withstand stupid animals kicking and biting them better than plastic.
so whats your thoughts about PDs then Tel....animals and 4 points of contact n all that lot?....

Plastic dappy boxes are a bit flimsy for glanding anything other then baby swa's into IMO, Plus w1hen jointing SWA's I always like to carry on the 'armoured' theme!

Reply to Adabtable boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom