Domestic Adabtable boxes

Discuss Adabtable boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

keniff

Electrician's Arms
Hi guys, what's the advantage if any of using a galv adaptable box over plastic? Other than strength, if you use pirana nuts you earth the gland either way? I suppose if you used a metal box you could earth the box for multiple armoured glands save loads of fly leads?

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
about right. also, where livestock are concerned, galv. boxes withstand stupid animals kicking and biting them better than plastic.

OP
keniff

keniff

Electrician's Arms
Lol oh right, so would it be acceptable to earth many glands with on fly lead to the box rather than many to each gland or is this bad practice? I normally flylead each one individually

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
nowt wrong with belt and braces. at least nobody will have your pants down over that.

M

MarkieSparkie

Better RFI and radiated noise immunity, by maintaining the earth screen.

sparks1973

Regular EF Member
about right. also, where livestock are concerned, galv. boxes withstand stupid animals kicking and biting them better than plastic.
so whats your thoughts about PDs then Tel....animals and 4 points of contact n all that lot?....

somersetsparks

Regular EF Member
Plastic dappy boxes are a bit flimsy for glanding anything other then baby swa's into IMO, Plus w1hen jointing SWA's I always like to carry on the 'armoured' theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 63 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 31 33.0%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.