Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Adapting Appliances For Japan in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LETMO

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I'd like to import appliances like icemakers & soft drink dispensers into Japan from USA. However, I'm worried about whether they'll work efficiently. Japan has 100 volt, whilst USA is 110 volts. Do you think this would be a problem? Is there a workaround (I'd prefer not to use a transformer)?

Thanks in advance,

LETMO

Electricity in Japan

Aico 3000 Range
I'd like to import appliances like icemakers & soft drink dispensers into Japan from USA. However, I'm worried about whether they'll work efficiently. Japan has 100 volt, whilst USA is 110 volts. Do you think this would be a problem? Is there a workaround (I'd prefer not to use a transformer)?

Thanks in advance,

LETMO

Electricity in Japan
The information in your link may not be strictly correct.You might want to try googling a few others.Depending on where in Japan you are the voltage while nominally rated at 110volts,can vary between 100-170volts.
The main problem you might find is in variation with frequency;ie,50hertz in one part and 60 hertz in other part which will effect things like clocks.
But you shouldn't have to worry about a transformer as the voltage variation should be within the appliances tolerence levels.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Adapting Appliances For Japan in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom