Discuss Adding a phone socket for a wireless router in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iamgary25

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I am a younger electrician who is new to telephone wiring. I want to add another telephone socket as i have gathered so far you connect no 2, 3, 4, and 5 at the main incoming socket to the new socket i'm installing (at my house for practice) i guess i do the same adding 2, 3, 4, and 5 at the new socket. and can the terminations be done with a punch down tool?

Can some confirm this is correct?

Also i want to plug the phone in at the main incoming and the router at the new socket, will i still need to plug in the micro filters at both ends?

Please Help i'm still learning, thankyou

Grant

Reaction score
I like the thought of a "younger electrician". Just had a mental picture of a 5 year-old having just completed his 5 week course....

Resu

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just connect 2 and 5. no need for 3 and 4. you will need a adsl filter at each point.

I'd be tempted to open the existing point and connect up whatever's in there the same in the new one. (if it's not just 2 and 5).

Reply to Adding a phone socket for a wireless router in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.