Discuss Adding central heating pump to Immersion circuit? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lawsonium

Hello,

I have a hot water cylinder with an immersion heater which (as far as I can tell without looking further) is on it's own dedicated circuit. I'm not at home right now so can't look up the circuit breaker rating (I'll look this evening).

I have a wood burner with back boiler and intend to use it to heat (indirectly) the water in the cylinder and eventually about 3 or 4 radiators upstairs.

My question is, when I come to installing the radiators is it possible to extend the radial immersion circuit to run the pump?
I would prefer this option rather than running another circuit.

I would appreciate some expert advice. Thank you in advance.

Matt.

Reply to Adding central heating pump to Immersion circuit? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
Can I supply my central heating (programmer, two port valves and boiler) via a fused spur taken from the immersion heater circuit? They’re...
Replies
Views
Hi, I know it's best practice to run an immersion on a dedicated circuit but am I OK with the following A new heat pump is being fitted and it...
Replies
Views
We have just completed a self build, and heating system is Air Source Heat Pump, unvented HW cylinder, Buffet Tank, all Vaillant equipment. The...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a flat to find that my top floor main light is wired into central heating circuit, along with bathroom towel rail . As a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock