Discuss Adding outdoor socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys adding and outdoor socket for a hot tub just thinking should I come off the socket ring as there is a socket on the other side of the wall or would it be better to add fused spur and add the out door socket that way so it could be turned off and on ??

Hi guys adding and outdoor socket for a hot tub just thinking should I come off the socket ring as there is a socket on the other side of the wall or would it be better to add fused spur and add the out door socket that way so it could be turned off and on ??
What is the loading of the Hot Tub?

I haven't seen the hot tube but I've been told it 2.5kw so 2500watts
Recommend over 2 kw should be on it's own dedicated circuit, you will be limited to a 13Amp fuse you install a spur unit, as you will if you plug it into a 13A plug. Install a dedicated circuit Mate.

I got volunteered to do this for free by a family member not happy, But your right ill put it on its on circuit judging by the state of the consumer unit it will save me from testing the ring that might not even be a ring.

I got volunteered to do this for free by a family member not happy, But your right ill put it on its on circuit judging by the state of the consumer unit it will save me from testing the ring that might not even be a ring.
Install the socket with 4mm2 and make it a 32 A Radial as per App 15 in your Regs book. remember to mark up the CU as to what you have done.

i genearally put familymembers in the hot tub after i've replaced the thermostat with a 100 deg. one.

why look at my regs book when I have you Pete joking , thanks mate just so I know if the hot tub had of been 1500 watts could of I came off fused spur
Yeah well I may not be so accommodating if I have had a bad day "JOKE" any time Mate glad to help.

Reply to Adding outdoor socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock