Discuss Adding PV diverter to battery system - using delay switch?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am trying to add an Apollo Gem diverter to my battery grid tied system (Victron ESS). It is not going to work because both systems are fighting for the surplus solar power to either charge the battery or divert to immersion. If I add a delay timer switch in the immersion circuit so the load to the immersion is only switched on after a few seconds delay will the battery system then get the power first and prevent the diverter switching on (as the surplus will disappear in those seconds). As I understand a delay switch will activate if it sees any voltage within its range but as the current will be variable via the Apollo (proportional control) will the switch actually work?

I can recommend this as a satisfied customer.
Intelligent Immersion model i2w
You can Google it as I can't post a link.
Very configurable and great monitoring capabilities.

Reply to Adding PV diverter to battery system - using delay switch?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Greetings, everyone, After dedicating over a month to researching Solar PV systems, I'm nearly ready to make a decision. I owe my progress to...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. I'm having a PV system installed with a 5KW Amasstore GTX5000 Battery. This comes with a critical load output. I have the spec sheet but...
Replies
Views
Good Evening All, I'm not an electrician but I'd like to pick the brains of those that are please. Note I intend getting a qualified electrician...
Replies
Views
Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got both a solar pv and an ashp system. The solar system also has 2 batteries and it's configured to fill the batteries first and then...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock