Discuss Adding to current garage setup via fused spurs in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jim3010

Hi guys, I'm trying to extend
what lighting/sockets I have in my garage.
Currently I have a 2.5 t&e
coming through the brick to what feeds 1 double socket and 3 tubelights. I'm not
sure wether this is spurred off a ring main or is part of a radial circuit from
the house. Anyway I want to add another 2 double sockets and 1 more tubelight.
Here are some pictures. This is what I currently have

Current garage.jpg

And this is what i'm proposingtaken the circuit is a ring main

Garage circuit.jpg
Would that be acceptable?

Thanks

So long as you feed the 5A SFCU from the load side of the unswitched FCU and you have the means to test the circuit for safety afterward in accordance with the wiring regulations then that should be OK.
Try and avoid junction boxes if you can, one more point of failure.

Reply to Adding to current garage setup via fused spurs in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

DIY'er question: I have a singe switched fused spur above my kitchen counter, providing power to an undercounter fridge socket beneath it. The...
Replies
Views
Grateful if someone could offer some advise, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to this. I have a double socket, it was on the ring main...
Replies
Views
Hi, if getting back to the CU is not an option, instead of spurring off a socket via a Sfs putting the rating down to 13a. Could you spur off the...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’m looking to install an outside light as a spur from a socket on a ring main. There is already a spur from this socket supplying...
Replies
Views
Hi All, As a householder I'm keen to add a double socket further along a wall to extend access in a different corner of the room. I'm connecting...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock