Discuss Adding wall lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

But wouldn't that turn ceiling light and wall lightd on together? I'm wanting to turn them off/on individually.
Yes it would, first time you have mentioned that you wanted separate switching for ceiling and wall lights. you may have intimated that in your description of your wiring method, and maybe it should have been picked up, but never the less a quick mention on your part would have cleared up the mix up earlier, do you not think, young Jedi?

But wouldn't that turn ceiling light and wall lightd on together? I'm wanting to turn them off/on individually.
just what i was about to say.

what you could do is to replace the T/E switch cable from ceiling light to switch with a 3c/E. then T/E from switch to wall lights. then fit a 2 gang switch.

Last edited:
I know, but from mentioning changing the switch to a 2 gang would of explained that lol sorry, not made my Intentions very clear have I, whoops.
No you haven't Loki11, but not to worry eh? When asking questions it's usually best to state what you want, what you have and how to get over the problem, with of course your own suggestion, sorry to sound like a School Master. Loki11.

No you haven't Loki11, but not to worry eh? When asking questions it's usually best to state what you want, what you have and how to get over the problem, with of course your own suggestion, sorry to sound like a School Master. Loki11.

No need to apologise, it was my mistake, and in future will do as you said :)

after standing in the naughty corner for 20 minutes
No need to be so harsh Tel Loki 11 has got the picture I'm sure, although I will be keeping an eye on him in the future, lol. May need to speak with Parents during Parents evening, hope they are nice people lol.

What do you mean?
Loki11 there are lots of Folk that limit their Profiles, why I can't answer that it's a personal thing, for those that wish to help, find it difficult to provide answers if there are no details of quals, more importantly experience, very difficult to formulate an answer compatible with the questioner's question if we don't know the experience, or knowledge of the person asking the question, it's no being nosey or inquisitive, quite why people block their profile is unfathomable, we aren't all electrically proficient and there is no shame in admitting this, just helps with formulating an appropriate answer, that's all, hope that allays yours' and everyone else's' fears.

Reply to Adding wall lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net