SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Additional circuit in Kitchen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I changed some old tired 13a sockets for new ones in a kitchen the board is a starbreaker type, I will have to replace the CB with a RCBO,I've checked the main earth and bonding this is undersized I'll replace the undersized earth and bonding cables, is this the extent of my work or does it go further ie replace all the CB's with RCBO's I know this would be good practice but the financial side for the client will be quite considereable as the RCBO's for these babies are about £40 each.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
S

Spudnik

You do not need to do anything at all to the existing install if you are doing a straight swap of accessories and not moving anything.

However, if some installation work has been carried out then yes, main bonds should ideally be upgraded, and definately an RCBO on ANY circuit you have altered.

Aico 3000 Range

Reply to Additional circuit in Kitchen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom