Discuss Additional port valve in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Evening all,

Just after a bit of guidance as heating systems are not my strongest.

Turned up to a job which has a green star 30si combo boiler. The boiler was controlled by 3 wire wired r/stat. The electrician before me installed a two zone uhf In new extension with two neostats. There was a wiring centre in the extension with a port valve which meant that the house Ch could work indepently from the uhf. However when the under floor heating Was turned on the house radiators also warmed up.

A new zone valve needs to be added close to the boiler. Is it possible to wire in a separate valve using the terminals in the boiler. At the moment Ls and LR are being used for the r/stat for the radiators and Lr is also being used when the ufh calls for heat.

If someone could point in the right direction or a link to wiring diagram it would be most appreciated.

Add a little wiring centre in by the new valve/boiler. Take the thermostat cable for existing rads into wiring centre, take the valve cable in to wiring centre and take a 4 core flex from wiring centre to boiler. In the boiler connect brown to LS, black sleeved brown to LR, grey sleeved blue to NS, and green and yellow to earth.

In wiring centre connect brown from 4 core flex to grey of the valve and L of the thermostat.

Connect black sleeved brown of the 4 core flex to orange of the valve.

Connect grey sleeved blue of the four core flex to blue of the valve and neutral of the thermostat.

Connect the switched line of the thermostat to brown of the valve.

Connect all green and yellows/CPC’s together.

Hi there,
Thanks for the help. All working nicely. If I could pick your brains again. I have got a feeling that I am going to have to add a two channel programmer to independtly control ufh and the rads. Would I just treat it like a switch that splits the switch live with it’s own L/n supply to power the programmer
It may sound pretty silly me asking but my apprenticeship was doing new builds with simple heating controls and I learnt more about motors than y or a plan heating systems at college.

Reply to Additional port valve in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock