Discuss Additional shower in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bob67

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,
Could someone please advise:
I already have a shower in the en suite which goes direct to the consumer unit. I now want to fit an additional 9.5kw shower in the bathroom which is next to the ensuite. Do I have to run a seperate cable to an addiotional point on the consumer unit or can I join the cable in the loft via a onnection box to the existing shower hence only having one cable going to the consumer? A pologies in advance for the ignorance

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
A

assured elec

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi mate,from the sounds it definitely not a job you should be doing your self (no offence)
your new shower will need to be run direct from the fuse board in 10mm t+e..... but you will also have a problem of overloading the main fuse if both showers are on at the same time .... you can get a dedicated fuse board that will only allow 1 shower to run at a time .... Get a good spark in and am sure he,ll sort a good solution.

B

bob67

Much appreciated, thank you very much:confused:

B

beaver74

I would be interested in a link for these dedicated boards

A

assured elec

Seen one in" Professional Electrician" mag , will see if i still have it ...

S

steadly

Remove supply cable from consumer unit run it through an enclosure with a 45amp
revesing contactor in it then run a cable from each contactor to each shower switch . you will then have to only install a short length of new cable to the second swower and you have interlocking between contactors.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Additional shower in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom