Discuss Addressable fire alarm cost? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

Aok1

The question is on behalf of a friend which i cannot answer as i dont get involved in fire alarms -

All cable is being supplied and installed by 3rd party spark

Rough cost to supply, install and commision addressable fire system -

126 x base sounders
24 x standard bases
150 x optical heads
11 x Interface modules for door magnets and plant
9 x door holders
3 x power supplies for door holders
1 x Panel 4 x loop + batteries.
1 x repeater
16 x break glass
5 x external sounder / strobes
Firemans switch
10 x isolators for short circuit compliance etc
Full test and commision

Most have said 10 days to complete with 3 men

Building is 5 floors with most of the points 36 for 3 floors and the rest on ground and 1st.

He has received a few estimate from 23k to 38k so he is a bit puzzled as most have specified the same kit from honeywell and apollo. All companies are certified also.

I appreciate the above is alot to price off the top of your head but any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

Most fire alarm companies charge between £300-£800 per man per day I would say the quotes are not too bad the best thing to do would be to get the third party spark to 2nd fix aswell and just get the fire alarm company to supply and commission as it will be designed by them and any problems it's straight to the fire alarm guys most of the gear is the same they just have there name put on them make out the make them aswell and charge double. We normally use Protec as they design, supply and commission we just do the graft they will come for a day £800 and job done

if its second fix and commision only 10 days 3 men is a tad overkill, if that includes wiring seems about right, 7days 2men is feasable for 2nd fix,price wise 38k is top end but as most of the cost is labour its easy to see how it comes to that,if its speced honeywell it will be gent kit,very reliable and quality gear tho expensive,but you get what you pay for

If their using apollo then its going to be Honeywell Morley. Just run this through our quota system and would suggest the whole install would be 34k to 36k, A supply commission abaut 21k. On average your looking abaut 45-50 devices per floor if 2 men cant second fix and commission a floor per day (5days) then I would be worried. As Alarm man has states 3 men 10 days is an overkill. Apollo base sounders are ok in offices, but open spaces you will have sound level problems. Hope this helps

Have to disagree with you there alarm man.I don't rate the gent gear at all anymore.Over engineered imho

Have to disagree with you there alarm man.I don't rate the gent gear at all anymore.Over engineered imho

Most of the closed protocol companies are in problems due to lake of funding and being out of date, Protec and Kiddie have communicton problems between panels which are caursing them serious problems, they have had this problem for 4 years and still cant sort it. As Honeywell buy out more of these companies, Morley and Advanced are becoming the stable market. Out of the blue the low market C-tec are now coming up with some good graphic lcd panels, one to be watched in the future, as for Gent they just keep going with the good old trusted system, but charge...!

Last edited:

Reply to Addressable fire alarm cost? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock