Discuss addressable fire alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kevinreilly

Hi guys

Im quite new and this is my first post :).

I wondering if you could help me on an addressable fire alarm? Ive got a new install on a convent :) next week. The trouble is that ive never done one. Ive had a look on the net and ive found a few wiring diagrams that say one leg out from the panel through all the detectors and call points and one leg back again! Is it that easy?( 1 big ring). There is a spark installing it at the moment (the conventional way) and the gather has now said to us to change to addressable but he is going to another job, leaving us to do it. The job is on price so i dont really want to be asking them how to do it. Thankyou in advance for any info.

Hi guys

Im quite new and this is my first post :).

I wondering if you could help me on an addressable fire alarm? Ive got a new install on a convent :) next week. The trouble is that ive never done one. Ive had a look on the net and ive found a few wiring diagrams that say one leg out from the panel through all the detectors and call points and one leg back again! Is it that easy?( 1 big ring). There is a spark installing it at the moment (the conventional way) and the gather has now said to us to change to addressable but he is going to another job, leaving us to do it. The job is on price so i dont really want to be asking them how to do it. Thankyou in advance for any info.

yes mate,one big ring will do it,loop powered sounders mightn't give you the same sound level as conventional ones,so you might need more.You might have to look into the design of the system,how many,you can have on the loop.Interfaces are often loop driven,though some applications need a local 230volt power supply.You or your designer should consider that it is likely that a lot of sisters may be old/visually impaired/hearing impaired,and include visual beacons or vibrating bed pads,or bedhead sounders. Hope this helps.

yes mate,one big ring will do it,loop powered sounders mightn't give you the same sound level as conventional ones,so you might need more.You might have to look into the design of the system,how many,you can have on the loop.Interfaces are often loop driven,though some applications need a local 230volt power supply.You or your designer should consider that it is likely that a lot of sisters may be old/visually impaired/hearing impaired,and include visual beacons or vibrating bed pads,or bedhead sounders. Hope this helps.

Big help mr loy thanx again

big help mr loy thanx again

Last edited by a moderator:
Big help mr loy thanx again

Other points to consider Kevin is that your friend may have already installed a conventional sounder circuit and some but not all panels have a conventional sounder output.Also when installing cables for addressable fire alarms you have to be carefull with keeping away from mains cables,even more so than a conventional system.When fitting off, the + in and + out are common,as is - in and -out.There is no diode in the base.The ones I am familiar with,each detector head has dip switches which you set to give each individual point a binary number,an address,and when you come to commission,you input on the panel keyboard,a location corresponding with the address.You should consult the maker of system as ,often they also insist that you install a loop isolater at the start and end of each fire zone which is formed by the fabric of the building. If doing on price make sure you get in writing how many points you are agreeing to put in,and make an arrangement if building control or others require more that this is an EXTRA.

Reply to addressable fire alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock