Discuss ADE Alarm Query in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

beekeeper

I found an new Accenta 8 panel and bell in my old store whilst transferring everything to my newly built store/workshop, as i intended to alarm it anyway i used those, i also found a couple of PIRO 202 combined smoke and intruder detectors and am about to install those as well but not sure about the extra connection marked Fire Zone.

On the panel there is of course the connector block at the top for remote signalling but this is the only one with a terminal marked Fire and of course that is a output rather than input, so confused as to where i terminate that core of the eight core cable i used for wiring these combined units.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that you programme 1 of the zones as fire. then connect the smoke alarm pair in that.

i think that you programme 1 of the zones as fire. then connect the smoke alarm pair in that.

Yes thanks for reply, i understand about programming a zone as fire, (On those panels its zone 8) but with these sensors, apart from the usual 6 terminals for Tamper, Power and Zone wiring there is an additional terminal marked fire, this is the one i am not sure where to connect.

then i am not sure. maybe a call to their tech help line will sort this.

I was hoping to fit these over the weekend which is why i asked the question here as the store is not secure until the system is commissioned and apart from tools, there is also a lot of stock as well, thanks anyway for responding.

why not just concentrate on the intruder side so it can be set, then worry sabout the smokes next week.

Thanks telectrix
I think i will have to do this, i will just connect ordinary sensors in place of the combined version until i can find out just how these connect.

Thanks Archy Styrigg for link, i do have the manual but not the info which came with these two A1 Piro sensors so i am still in the dark.

So much for trying to get away without wiring a dedicated smoke circuit

The Piro 202 was made by A1 and the terminal marked fire is a switched neg output.
On the ADE panels the zones are also switch Neg, for n/o pressure mats etc..
Leave the link in the zone you wish to make a fire zone, and connected one wired from the fire outuput on the 202 to the link on the zone.

You can do the same triggering with one wire the zone nc contacts on the piro 202, as you can see the are shorted on the back of the pcb.

Last edited:

Reply to ADE Alarm Query in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net