Discuss ADE Optima Compact Fault in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys.

For the past 2 nights (9:30pm last night & 8:40pm tonight) my house alarm (ADE OPTIMA COMPACT) has gone off by itself.

When the alarm goes off:

- The internal alarm sounds
- The external alarm sounds and strobes.
- And on the user panel the power and tamper LEDs are lit up in red.

I can enter my alarm code which kills the Internal alarm, but the external alarm still sounds for the standard 20mins, and the strobe still falses after the alarm stops. the power and tamper LEDs are still red.

Last night I pressed the reset button it lit up green on the 'day' LED.

Ive not reset it tonight and come on here for some advice on what could be wrong

Cheers
Chris

This is usually caused by the bell box tamper switch rusting or sticking.You can try 3 things.First bridge the tamper for the bell box in the panel using a short piece of wire.Second bridge the tamper switch in the bell box itself.(This is the better method but you would have to go up a ladder to do it.)
Third replace the bell box with a new one if you want the tamper part to be fully working.

Oh and number four,if you don't understand any of the above then get an electrician to sort it for you :)

1. if it was the bell box tamper open circuit, the ext. sounder would have stopped when code was entered. the strobe however will continue until reset is pressed.

to amend my last post slightly. the ext. sounder tamper may have been wired so as to interrupt the - hold. this could cause the fault you describe. do you have access to a multimeter?

edit: was the system armed when it went off, or in day mode?

to amend my last post slightly. the ext. sounder tamper may have been wired so as to interrupt the - hold. this could cause the fault you describe. do you have access to a multimeter?

edit: was the system armed when it went off, or in day mode?

I have no immediate access to a multimeter but can get one.

The system was in day mode. Hasn't been armed at all for some time

Reply to ADE Optima Compact Fault in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net