Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Adsense Revenue Sharing in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Admin
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I'm thinking of splitting the Adsense Revenue this forum generates between those that post the best new topics, what would you lot say about that?

It would mean those that post a new thread get a % of the revenue from that thread, and those that reply to a thread get a lesser %, but still some.

It's designed to encourage decent lengthy posts, as only posts over a certain amount apply, and only those with a couple of hundred posts or more will get to join in this.

It's not for all, but those that contribute the most would get a small amount of cash monthly sent to them via cheque or wire transfered.

Checkout Google Adsense, if you are interest let me know by replying here and I'll get some more details for you.

I've just started to run this on the very popular TilersForums.co.uk and a few guys will get a small wage out of it on there no doubt.

Please note that you'd need your own individual Adsense ID for this to work. You'll eventually enter this into your forum profile, and it'll become active once you've posted a certain amount of posts.

Last edited:
Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
R

rob606

also just thinking out loud maybe other sparks with websites could link to here and vice versa more traffic more money?

M

murdock

silly question but i see this is a UK forum...if you are from a different country do you still qualify?

U

uksel

i'd put a banner for the forum on my website while it's being designed

B

benj

i like the idea, only problem i can foresee are people waffling on about rubbish

L

lukmannet

I agree with Mr. Benj.
I think some posters will no longer pay attention on the thread's quality. But perhaps there is a solution for this.
What do you think?

D

dannybruff

Does sound good in theory, I mean we could all do with a bit of extra this day in age. Surely as professionals tho we can avoid the waffling on etc. I'd hate to see this forum go down the pan. We all rely on good advice, more importantly, I feel i am gettin more experiance just reading posts about things i've not yet come across.

W

WarrenG

Hi,

I'm thinking of splitting the Adsense Revenue this forum generates between those that post the best new topics, what would you lot say about that?

It would mean those that post a new thread get a % of the revenue from that thread, and those that reply to a thread get a lesser %, but still some.

It's designed to encourage decent lengthy posts, as only posts over a certain amount apply, and only those with a couple of hundred posts or more will get to join in this.

It's not for all, but those that contribute the most would get a small amount of cash monthly sent to them via cheque or wire transfered.

Checkout Google Adsense, if you are interest let me know by replying here and I'll get some more details for you.

I've just started to run this on the very popular TilersForums.co.uk and a few guys will get a small wage out of it on there no doubt.

Please note that you'd need your own individual Adsense ID for this to work. You'll eventually enter this into your forum profile, and it'll become active once you've posted a certain amount of posts.
Sounds like a good idea, I would personally spend more time on this site that others stored in my favorites :)

Dan

Admin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
silly question but i see this is a UK forum...if you are from a different country do you still qualify?
Yep.

sounds ok in principle
It works on a lot of forums. It does need moderating a bit to stop the waffle.

i'd put a banner for the forum on my website while it's being designed
That would be sound.

i like the idea, only problem i can foresee are people waffling on about rubbish
As above really, needs good mods behind it.

I agree with Mr. Benj.
I think some posters will no longer pay attention on the thread's quality. But perhaps there is a solution for this.
What do you think?
Mods sort that out.

Does sound good in theory, I mean we could all do with a bit of extra this day in age. Surely as professionals tho we can avoid the waffling on etc. I'd hate to see this forum go down the pan. We all rely on good advice, more importantly, I feel i am gettin more experiance just reading posts about things i've not yet come across.
It wont go anywhere. :)

Dan

Admin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, in theory you do yeah. If you can enter your own URL that would be great, failing that, try entering electriciansforums.net, if that works okay, and doesn't remove mine, we'll do that, if it does have problems doing that (with a few of us doing it) I'll setup sub-domain names for the regular members to use.

Generally though, it's £2.50 per year for a .co.uk from Domain registration - Domain registration company UK - UKreg. And you guys should have your own website! I can host it for you for a small fee, say £15? That's well cheap. And I could even show you a simple way to make a simple website too if you fancied doing one yourself.

It's important in this day in age to protect your 'brand' online and offline, and buying your own domain name can help with that for sure.

M

madeinwood

I think it's a great idea - but it would need to be monitored in case people abuse the privilege of using the forum and post drivel.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Adsense Revenue Sharing in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom