Discuss Adsense Revenue Sharing in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of splitting the Adsense Revenue this forum generates between those that post the best new topics, what would you lot say about that?

It would mean those that post a new thread get a % of the revenue from that thread, and those that reply to a thread get a lesser %, but still some.

It's designed to encourage decent lengthy posts, as only posts over a certain amount apply, and only those with a couple of hundred posts or more will get to join in this.

It's not for all, but those that contribute the most would get a small amount of cash monthly sent to them via cheque or wire transfered.

Checkout Google Adsense, if you are interest let me know by replying here and I'll get some more details for you.

I've just started to run this on the very popular TilersForums.co.uk and a few guys will get a small wage out of it on there no doubt.

Please note that you'd need your own individual Adsense ID for this to work. You'll eventually enter this into your forum profile, and it'll become active once you've posted a certain amount of posts.

Last edited:
I agree with Mr. Benj.
I think some posters will no longer pay attention on the thread's quality. But perhaps there is a solution for this.
What do you think?

Does sound good in theory, I mean we could all do with a bit of extra this day in age. Surely as professionals tho we can avoid the waffling on etc. I'd hate to see this forum go down the pan. We all rely on good advice, more importantly, I feel i am gettin more experiance just reading posts about things i've not yet come across.

Hi,

I'm thinking of splitting the Adsense Revenue this forum generates between those that post the best new topics, what would you lot say about that?

It would mean those that post a new thread get a % of the revenue from that thread, and those that reply to a thread get a lesser %, but still some.

It's designed to encourage decent lengthy posts, as only posts over a certain amount apply, and only those with a couple of hundred posts or more will get to join in this.

It's not for all, but those that contribute the most would get a small amount of cash monthly sent to them via cheque or wire transfered.

Checkout Google Adsense, if you are interest let me know by replying here and I'll get some more details for you.

I've just started to run this on the very popular TilersForums.co.uk and a few guys will get a small wage out of it on there no doubt.

Please note that you'd need your own individual Adsense ID for this to work. You'll eventually enter this into your forum profile, and it'll become active once you've posted a certain amount of posts.

Sounds like a good idea, I would personally spend more time on this site that others stored in my favorites :)

silly question but i see this is a UK forum...if you are from a different country do you still qualify?

Yep.

sounds ok in principle

It works on a lot of forums. It does need moderating a bit to stop the waffle.

i'd put a banner for the forum on my website while it's being designed

That would be sound.

i like the idea, only problem i can foresee are people waffling on about rubbish

As above really, needs good mods behind it.

I agree with Mr. Benj.
I think some posters will no longer pay attention on the thread's quality. But perhaps there is a solution for this.
What do you think?

Mods sort that out.

Does sound good in theory, I mean we could all do with a bit of extra this day in age. Surely as professionals tho we can avoid the waffling on etc. I'd hate to see this forum go down the pan. We all rely on good advice, more importantly, I feel i am gettin more experiance just reading posts about things i've not yet come across.

It wont go anywhere. :)

Well, in theory you do yeah. If you can enter your own URL that would be great, failing that, try entering electriciansforums.net, if that works okay, and doesn't remove mine, we'll do that, if it does have problems doing that (with a few of us doing it) I'll setup sub-domain names for the regular members to use.

Generally though, it's £2.50 per year for a .co.uk from Domain registration - Domain registration company UK - UKreg. And you guys should have your own website! I can host it for you for a small fee, say £15? That's well cheap. And I could even show you a simple way to make a simple website too if you fancied doing one yourself.

It's important in this day in age to protect your 'brand' online and offline, and buying your own domain name can help with that for sure.

I think it's a great idea - but it would need to be monitored in case people abuse the privilege of using the forum and post drivel.

You don't need a website "In theory" - you need one in practice, and it's not as simple as it's being made to sound. I've been an Adsense publisher (showing ads on my website) for over 5 years now, and I'm also a founder member of one of the adsense forums. So do know what I'm talking about.

What you are applying for from Google is an Adsense publisher account. In order to get this you have to have a website up and running so that they can see if you are likely to fit with the Adsense program - or not. If your website doesn't pass Google review for placing ads on it, you don't get to be a publisher. So in order to take up this offer you have to have a website in order to get the required publisher ID.

In the case of revenue sharing schemes, although they are not contrary to the Googe TOS, you need to be aware that there are many ways you can lose your account (usually with no warning), and it's your responsibility to make sure that wherever your adsense code is placed complies with the adsense TOS.

If you have an adsense account, you should be carefully considering where your code is placed, and realise that there IS a risk in placing your code on a site you have no control over. Although the mods clearly will do their utmost to make sure the site complies with Google Adsense, clearly that is all they can do, and there still remains a risk in code sharing.

You also have to consider the potential effect of smartpricing on your account if you sucessfully use Adsense to monetise your websites. Possibly going a bit deep here, so I'll leave it here. Needless to say, there are several forums that discuss Adsense if anybody needs further information or advice.

Do you make any money? Forums are notoriously difficult to monetise with Adsense. The main reason being the people are there for the content and simply don't see the ads (ad blindness). CTR (click through rates) are very low, therefore income is not going to be high. So whilst it's true there may be an income, it's likely to be very small. I'd want a lot more information before I joined a sharing scheme personally.

You don't need a website "In theory" - you need one in practice, and it's not as simple as it's being made to sound. I've been an Adsense publisher (showing ads on my website) for over 5 years now, and I'm also a founder member of one of the adsense forums. So do know what I'm talking about.

What you are applying for from Google is an Adsense publisher account. In order to get this you have to have a website up and running so that they can see if you are likely to fit with the Adsense program - or not. If your website doesn't pass Google review for placing ads on it, you don't get to be a publisher. So in order to take up this offer you have to have a website in order to get the required publisher ID.

In the case of revenue sharing schemes, although they are not contrary to the Googe TOS, you need to be aware that there are many ways you can lose your account (usually with no warning), and it's your responsibility to make sure that wherever your adsense code is placed complies with the adsense TOS.

If you have an adsense account, you should be carefully considering where your code is placed, and realise that there IS a risk in placing your code on a site you have no control over. Although the mods clearly will do their utmost to make sure the site complies with Google Adsense, clearly that is all they can do, and there still remains a risk in code sharing.

You also have to consider the potential effect of smartpricing on your account if you sucessfully use Adsense to monetise your websites. Possibly going a bit deep here, so I'll leave it here. Needless to say, there are several forums that discuss Adsense if anybody needs further information or advice.

Do you make any money? Forums are notoriously difficult to monetise with Adsense. The main reason being the people are there for the content and simply don't see the ads (ad blindness). CTR (click through rates) are very low, therefore income is not going to be high. So whilst it's true there may be an income, it's likely to be very small. I'd want a lot more information before I joined a sharing scheme personally.

DigitialPoint forums use Adsense Revenue sharing and it's fine. I've used multiple accounts myself before now on a single website, and I do it with my forums quite often to dish out moderators cash.

I hear what you're saying, and thank you for contributing to the convo'.

I've signed up many accounts with unfinished websites, sometimes with the URL sitting on a holding page with the parking host, and still the account has been passed.

I think providing google get some revenue from it themselves, they're happy with it, and this is very niche, so they love it.

Talk has been going on for some time, but really, google just wants their shares to increase.

I've been running adsense for well over 5 years, and I have made more than a wage out of it since the 3rd month I had it running. My tag is g00gl3r (what googlers use to denote an employee of google) and I've been mentioned by Matt Cutts (the google technological scientist (his own words) before now due to me sponsoring and winning an SEO competition, back in 2006.

I'm fully aware of Google TOS, and have neevr known of, or had a single account removed at all. And I've dont some dodgy things with it back 'in the day'.

There's no straight line for this, it's been done before, it'll get done again, so lets split some of the small amount of cash this forum generate between the guys that make it happen, the members.

PM me though with some detail, if I'm missing something.

I'm not saying that revenue sharing is a bad thing. Provided that the rules are observed, google allows it. I'm not normally one for following the rules, but with adsense I really would very, very strongly suggest that people do. In the forum I am a co-founder of, two of the other founders are publishers of some experience and have had their adsense accounts terminated despite mostly playing by the rules. Read the adsense forums, and they are littered with "I got banned" threads, and it's always for rule bending. Ignorance being no defence.

Multiple accounts are strictly not allowed. We have heard many cases where they have terminated not only the individuals account, but accounts of anyone they think might be connected. You are allowed to use the code on as many websites as you like on your one account though, if that's what you mean. What google are trying to stop is click fraud, which stops advertisers paying Google, hence google share price. The reason multiple accounts are banned is that if a person signs up for an account, then engages in click fraud (asks everybody to click the ads) and google ban them, they can't simply open another account and repeat the operation. Publishers take money - not supply it, and they have to be careful that advertisers get good value for their money. Google don't give a stuff about publishers, so freqently terminate accounts without warning or appeal. Publishers are expendable, advertisers aren't.

I know you aren't doing this, but a big problem is publishers doing click inducements (Support our sponsors - click the ads). Google prohibits this. Each click is earning the publisher an income from google, but is only supporting the advertiser if the people clicking the ad occasionally flex the plastic and BUY stuff - the reason they are advertising. Google only wants people to click the ad if they are interested in the product, and is possibly likely to buy - as opposed to someone who has no interest in the product, or likelihood of buyinmg it who "Thinks" they are supporting the advertiser. That is click fraud, and it's clear why google can, and do act in a draconian manner when they catch up with people breaking the rules.

As you are aware, you are not allowed more than three ad blocks per page. IF I was to supply my code (which I'm not going to), how can I be assured that this rule is complied with? If you have a discussion page with several contributors adding code, the number of ad blocks allowed could conceivably be exceeded. They system would need to be aware of this, and someone or other would have to have their code dumped. As the pages are dynamic, it can't be a human decision.

Yes, I'm aware that you can try and bend the rules and in some cases get away with it. But when Google catches up with people, they do a good job of it. Not only do you lose your account, others connected will lose theirs and the site takes a nose dive in serps.

Also, people should be aware that minimum payout is $100, and it may take quite some time to get there. Plus, as the pool of shares increases, each individuals share decreases due to less exposure of their ads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Adsense Revenue Sharing in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock